Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
lag on me? lol speak west australian :)

meh who cares, it's nothing special really, just different sorts of standard stuff. If I thought it was worth attention I'd black them out lol

Sam

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
good 2 see some more pics man looking good :thumbsup: u takin this car on a cruise?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Yeah it was out on the last SSC cruise, that one you couldn't make it to.. both my cars were there. It's also my fiancee's daily at the moment, mine is the 5L.

Calaiscruzer, yeah those brake/tail lights are something I'm so proud of.. 4 tail lights, 5 brake lights... 95% of the time at least. I think the bottom right one drops out with the sub sometimes, useless VN connections...
I have a plan though, I'm going to get myself a soldering iron and find a way to just solder the wires to the globe terminals. It'll mean I have to solder them out whenever one blows but it's worth it to know none of them will fail randomly.
:)

Sam

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Yeah it was out on the last SSC cruise, that one you couldn't make it to.. both my cars were there. It's also my fiancee's daily at the moment, mine is the 5L.

Calaiscruzer, yeah those brake/tail lights are something I'm so proud of.. 4 tail lights, 5 brake lights... 95% of the time at least. I think the bottom right one drops out with the sub sometimes, useless VN connections...
I have a plan though, I'm going to get myself a soldering iron and find a way to just solder the wires to the globe terminals. It'll mean I have to solder them out whenever one blows but it's worth it to know none of them will fail randomly.
:)

Sam

nothing a good wiggle of the loom cant fix hehhehee

looks good mate, just needs to be painted now aye!

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
yeah but my sub wiggles the looms and one or two of them intermittently drop out.. annoying as hell

Definitely getting closer to paintwork. I've said that at least a million times now, I'm starting to not even believe myself :p

Sam

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
But did you know if your car was optioned with the high mount brake light you were only supposed to have two rears working ? :) pretty sure that's how it was

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
But did you know if your car was optioned with the high mount brake light you were only supposed to have two rears working ? :) pretty sure that's how it was

i actually wondered bout this i seen a couple VPs with both brake and tail lights (all 4) workin i always thought it was a mod they did 2 the looms 2 get it like that :p looks better i rekon

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah mines like that because the road worth man wanted to know why mine didnt all work :p So I wired it up to make him happy. Now I have 4 brake lights + a high mount + the spolier brake light = lotsa lights :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah mines like that because the road worth man wanted to know why mine didnt all work :p So I wired it up to make him happy. Now I have 4 brake lights + a high mount + the spolier brake light = lotsa lights :)

I thought the high mount light legally had to be disconnected if the car was fitted with a spoiler brake light?

Sam, perhaps the globe sockets are a little rusted. I have the 4 tail lights and 5 brake lights also and I used to have to jiggle one of my globes to get it to work sometimes but it turned out the socket/terminals had partly rusted. WD40 helped it a bit but i just ended up putting a new globe socket on and haven't had any issues since.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I don't think mine was originally optioned with the high-mount brake light... I think I remember Dad getting it put in when I was young and he owned the car.. I like it like this though, every VN/VP I ever own will be wired up like this :)

I thought the high mount light legally had to be disconnected if the car was fitted with a spoiler brake light?

Sam, perhaps the globe sockets are a little rusted. I have the 4 tail lights and 5 brake lights also and I used to have to jiggle one of my globes to get it to work sometimes but it turned out the socket/terminals had partly rusted. WD40 helped it a bit but i just ended up putting a new globe socket on and haven't had any issues since.
My globe sockets sure are a little rusted :) I'll pick up some new bits and pieces one day if I can't be bothered finding a way of soldering them :p

Sam