Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sam's VN Lexxxcen LS1 T56

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I hope so! Wiring it will be the time consuming bit as I'm not full bottle on what's currently in the car or how to interface a high level BCM.

I'm still around to help out :) - wiring it should be easy enough!

There's a cut-loom of wires hanging behind the glovebox to hook your ECU up to, and that's pretty much all you need!

They're all labelled (and if the labels have fallen off, I've got a spreadsheet somewhere) +12v ign, battery, tacho, speedo, fuel pump relay trigger, fans trigger, etc are all there... also you need to alter the fuel pump/LPG lock wiring in the boot to go to your tank/pump and you're ready to roll! - definitely the way to go.. over re-doing the whole body loom!

Remember you'll also need to find a loom for the driver's door as that got sold when I was wrecking it :( - and some new headlight globes..

On a side note, you should be able to hook up a battery and operate all the electronics within the car as-is.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Sure is. Sunny Townsville should have a sexy red VN doing the daily thing in a few months' time. :)

Luke, thanks! I'm close to getting stuck into it. Should have the Grange rego'd next week and then it's full steam ahead. Not sure how I'm going to get the wiring through to the engine bay, need to have a better look at that.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Still waiting for some action Sam :p

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Got a few issues going on at the moment, cars are on the back burner for a while. It will happen, but it looks like I have no license for anywhere up to a couple of years now so there is no rush. Been very busy with computer work also, pretty much taking up most of my spare time lately.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Got a few issues going on at the moment, cars are on the back burner for a while. It will happen, but it looks like I have no license for anywhere up to a couple of years now so there is no rush. Been very busy with computer work also, pretty much taking up most of my spare time lately.

ahhh man wtf did you do this time.... if you dont get this thing going soon, im gonna have to do an ls conversion on one of my vp's...

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
You're going to be waiting a while, better get started.

Mis-counted my drinks one night and got done on a DUI 0.06, then got caught driving on a disqualified license when I tried a sneaky trip 5min to the servo and back a fortnight later. **** happens, I have nothing to hide, and as much as I want to be pissed off at the world for getting pulled over twice in the same night of the DUI and then again the first time I took the car out unlicensed, I know at the end of the day it's my fault and I have to deal with whatever they give me. I don't know how I'm going to survive two years with no license. I'm already going insane and I'm not even a month in.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project

Mis-counted my drinks one night and got done on a DUI 0.06, then got caught driving on a disqualified license when I tried a sneaky trip 5min to the servo and back a fortnight later. **** happens, I have nothing to hide, and as much as I want to be pissed off at the world for getting pulled over twice in the same night of the DUI and then again the first time I took the car out unlicensed, I know at the end of the day it's my fault and I have to deal with whatever they give me. I don't know how I'm going to survive two years with no license. I'm already going insane and I'm not even a month in.

My hat off to you for not blaming " Those stupid government funded pigs" and their revenue raising ways :p takes a lot of maturity to realise you're in the blame these days, just gives you more time on the car sam ;) to get her perfect.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8

Get a mate to trailer a vehicle (or your vehicle, doesn't matter either way) to the nearest race track, drag strip or burn out pad. Then YOU can vent some energy there. Have fun and get inspired for improvements to your current build. and then take the bus to work.
It sucks, but at least if you can drive in the "fun" places, then it won't be so bad.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Get a mate to trailer a vehicle (or your vehicle, doesn't matter either way) to the nearest race track, drag strip or burn out pad. Then YOU can vent some energy there. Have fun and get inspired for improvements to your current build. and then take the bus to work.
It sucks, but at least if you can drive in the "fun" places, then it won't be so bad.
Solid plan, except I live in Townsville and our nearest track is bloody miles away since the local drag strip shut down. Conveniently enough I live on the barracks I work at, so that at least isn't a problem for the moment.