Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sc V6 ecotec transmission problem, also will any VS auto tranny fit if i replace it?

hypoman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Hi guys, another question. really trying to sort out this V6 conversion in my transit van.

The auto seems to be holding in gear in the first 2 gears and snaps into 2nd when changing. its not too bad when I slowly throttle on, but holds in gear to about 4.5k if i tramp it.
also there seems to be a rattling sound when you first take off regardless of taking it easy or tramping it. this goes away when it reaches 2nd. it sounds like its coming from the tranny.

if the tranny is buggered and needs replacing is there a certain box that goes with the supercharged VS engine or will just any old VS tranny do? did they have different types of autos in the vs?

sorry for all the questions. im on a learning curve!

Pcracing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt spac twincharged
Strange that its going them sorts of things maby a tps issue? Any vs tranny will fit and a vt onwards will also fit with the vs bell housing on it. Keep in mind that a vs s3 and vt onwards will need a different chip to suit