Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sc14 roots blower.

VRV6BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
S1 VR V6 BT1
G'day,
Lookin through an old issue of **************** and founs jamie furness's VR runnin an sc14 roots type blower which is apparently OEM toyota, does anyone know anything about these?

The article says you can pick em up from jap import wreckers for like $300!!.

is this a direct bolt on?
If not is there a conversion kit?
Or would I need to do a lot of fabrication, coz the install on that clean as crystal VR looks almost standard
Cheers

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec

craigfmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commy ute
hey all,ive just installed a sc14 on my vs ute,but is overfueling constantly and its running a 4psi pulley but am lucky to get 1psi out of it hesitation caused by the over fueling im guessing??my maf is probly only 6inches away from the charger shouldnt effect it should it?thought maybe i have the vacuum lines set up wrong??any ideas would be appreciated cheers

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Sc14's are **** man they are designed for 1.3 and 1.4 engines not say 3.8 v6's
as above posted ^^ you get tiny psi, maybe a twin sc-14 would be ok, but at the end of the day they are designed for a different engine

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Sc14's are **** man they are designed for 1.3 and 1.4 engines not say 3.8 v6's
as above posted ^^ you get tiny psi, maybe a twin sc-14 would be ok, but at the end of the day they are designed for a different engine

you = moron. get your bloody facts right. sc14 owners are sick of ignorant people like you. to the OP, post a photo of your setup. sounds like a leak somewhere. my 10 PSI setup would drop down to 3 when i had a leak. still sound like tiny psi 89 vn?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
and SC14 is off 2 litre 6cylinder not little 1.3 litre.and provide quite a power increase for the dollars spent.

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
I believe that the sc14 has a 85 c.i. displacement, compared to the 90 c.i. displacement of an eaton m90 (stock on the supercharged v6's)... hardly a big difference.