Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Schumacher to return to f1

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I don't know that he will be able to win in the Ferrari or get a pole, but I will expect several podiums for the last half of the season :) he might be able to help with the car too. It'll stick a fire up Kimmi too :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
he does a lot of testing for their road car development and it's possible that i even saw a glimpse of him at the previous GP. he spends a lot more time with the race team then anybody has admitted.

He's been on the pit wall at most if not all the GP's this year, dunno exactly what he does but he's allways hanging around :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
He's been on the pit wall at most if not all the GP's this year, dunno exactly what he does but he's allways hanging around :)

thats where i saw him. i think he shows at fairly much all the Euro races but doesn't do all the fly-away ones. Ferrari have never disclosed what he does, but even when he was driving he was much more then just a driver, always had input with the technical side of things, even when he broke his leg he was still in the pits helping his fellow drivers set up the car for each race.

i don'tthink the current car is capable of a pole with any of the current drivers....Schumi of course isn't any of the regular drivers. it might take a race or 2 for him to get upto full speed as there is no testing any more but i expect he'll still be at the pointy end at he European grand prix in a couple weeks. Kimmi gonna cry, the ice man will melt:whistling

Rarrrrrr this need recording :). Hopefully he's still in good enough shape to show them what it's all about. (wipes happy tears)

i knew Schumi was at the track, when massa go thurt i though Schumi may have stepped into the car that weekend. i was a little excited then, felt bad for Massa but to have the master back....

it's gonna take massa a few months to recover, a skull fracture is going to take time to heal. i figure well see Schumaker till the end of the season and then if Massa doesn't come back we'll see a different permanent driver. maybe alonso

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I think they should have tested a younger driver - Schuie is a step backwards and will not help next year's development of the car at all. OK so he will be a measure for all the other guys in the comp - but they should have taken the chance on younger bloke - 40 is very over the hill to be at the top in F1. Dont forget Schuie did not do so well in the 3 stage qualifing format.

Massa may never race again if he fails to recover to 100%.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I suspect Massa eye is stuffed they just haven't told us yet. I can't imagine a spring hitting your visor being a good thing for the eye. The thing is we have no traction control, we have slicks. And nervious cars, those things all help remove a great driver from a normal driver. I can't remember how old Mansell was during his come back but he must have been at least 40 and he was still very fast

edit: Mansell was 39 when he left F1 after winning the champsionship and returned at age 41 and won the Australian gp

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
GreenVN, Imagine this....
It rains at SPA, and Micheal comes through an epic battle for the win. That would be the stuff of legends, someone would make a movie about that :)

Best track, best driver, best comeback ever :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I will dream it untill it happens

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Dunno if anyone caught this but a few of the F1 guys had a kart race 2 weeks ago for Schumacher to get fit at. Results were no real suprise I guess since he grew up at a go kart track.

1. Michael Schumacher, (Tony Kart/Vortex), 42.05
2. Vitantonio Liuzzi, (CRG-Maxter), 42.11
3. Filippe Massa, (Tony Kart/Vortex), 42.24
4. Robert Kubica, (RK/TM), 42.30
5. Nelsen, Piquet (CRG-Maxter), 42.70
6. Timo Glock, (Maranello-Maxter), 42.70
7. Christian Klien, (Intrepid-TM), 42.75
8. Sebastian Vettel, (Tony Kart/Vortex), 44.18