Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

security code

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
yeah just goto get code from holden

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
you can get the code from holden, OR from the company who make the unit(Eurovox ect) but last time i cost me $20 or somethin silly, the VIN is NOT needed, but the serial numbers and stuff on the unit itself is needed if you look up the maker of unit, contact them and they will tell you what you have to do to get the code

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
well i just pulled my 6 stacker outta my clubsport and put it in my wifes vy wagon and i dont have a security pin card looked threw all my booklets that i got with the car and nothing about a security number so all i goto do is goto holden and tell them the vin on my car and the code will work in her car correct??

Yes it will work.Another way for them to get it would be to look on your car under "security" in the BCM with Tech 2 and the number will be stored there.
All VYs came from the factory with the radio PIN stored in the BCM.

When you do change it over,get the PIN number stored into her BCM,that way the only way you'll loose the number is if the BCM dies.

Last edited: