Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

self starting car

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
i have a vz ss 6.0 it has it a mates vz 172KW has it ...some do some dont ...mmmmmm weird
ps after the engine starts the starter motor is disabled if u turn the key nothing happens

theautomationguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman Cross 6
I haven't tried to restart it once it is running that seems the only advantage to me, these things start so quickly anyway don't see the need except saving the starter crashing into a running ring gear.

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
theautomationguy said:
I haven't tried to restart it once it is running that seems the only advantage to me, these things start so quickly anyway don't see the need except saving the starter crashing into a running ring gear.

guess who wins 1st prize , was that a complex thought for you
the reason for the self starter is to save the starter motor and ring gear from DH's who hold it in too long , the no start option is for the same reason

its called idiot proofing :hit:

L

lew

:hit: I agree it feels a bit weird to start with. It is a good idea as is auto lights on and off, why I hardy have to think at all anymore

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
Found out this morning that if you stall it, it doesn't work! I tried to restart it by usual methods.... 1 quick turn and it turned over for as long as I tried to start it.. about half a second. I had to hold the key on start till it started... Interesting.

Try it out

noah273

noah273
Reaction score
Website
www.broomelea.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon
Six months ago I would have said that this feature is essential for Holden owners as they couldn't cope with releasing the key at the correct time:confused: :confused:
However as I'm now the pleasantly surprised and very happy owner of a VZ Berlina wagon I can't say things like that any more!!:thumbsup:

BLACKVZSV8

300 rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 M6
Thought the SV6 was broken the other day it wouldnt start.

Wish someone had told me the clutch has to be in.....