Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Series 1 manual coversion

Leveluke10

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss sedan
Cheapest/ best place to get a manual comversion done, Melbourne

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Try Carsales.com.au. Sell the one you have and buy a factory row boat.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
This has been covered a bazillion times, and discussed over and over and over..... and over.
Pros and Cons, there is absolutely NO reason to convert. Use the search function to see the multitude of arguments raised (and then shot down) on why a conversion is balls.

If you're still 100% keen to convert, then I have a friend in Africa (who happens to be a Prince) who needs help smuggling his money out of the country.
Give me your credit card details and you'll earn millions in free 'commission' helping him.

Either way you're throwing money away.

turbodragon

Reaction score
Members Ride
470rwkw Twin Turbo VE SS-V
Yeah I've done the conversion. 10/10, would do again hahaha

Seriously but, depends how attached you are to your car and how much you've spent on it already. If it's near stock or has pretty basic bolt on stuff, better off just selling and buying a factory manual.

Things like pedal boxes, cruise/clutch switches and brackets, cluster software, wiring harness/plugs and even engine tune are different between auto and manuals. And that's before you even consider that there were changes with most of the above between some year models.

I went through MPW to do the conversion and Jeremy from JSB helped with the software side of things. There's ALOT more to it than just a gearbox and diff. If you want it to be completely seamless and function exactly like a factory manual, I would definitely speak to Adam from MPW and Jeremy from JSB cos together they got mine running perfect where everything works like it should to the point there is no way at all of telling it started as an auto unless you checked the vehicle ID.