Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

series 2 sidi 6 speed auto

vee wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
Hi was after some advise for my 2011 sv6 sportwagon the auto feels like its always in wrong gear it goes straight to 5th and 6th even if your travelling 50km on a slight incline and feels to be bogging down,Holden said all the settings are set as factory and it should learn itself to my driving but it doesnt seem right 6th gear should be for 100km plus,Has anyone else had this problem or is it normal?

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
Hi.
I always have it in sport mode around town, maybe try that. It is a whole different feeling. Normal mode for h'way cruising

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
6th gear should be for 100km plus,Has anyone else had this problem or is it normal?

Really why??

I have the same car and there are a number of 80k roads around me that 6th gear works perfectly well on.

No bogging down or problems at all.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I've found a lot of the modern auto's to behave, well, not the way you want. The ultimate goal is keep the revs as low as possible to make the car more economical. I've noticed the same thing in my SSV, but being a V8 it's not really an issue. Just need to wait that extra second for it to kick down.

Sports mode is a good way of over coming this or maybe even looking at a gear box tune of some sort.