Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Serpentine belt part number

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Having all sort of issues trying to work out what belt I need. Trying Ebay but some say fits ute then others with the same part number say doesn't fit ute. Anyone have a Gates and a Bosch part number that will fit my ute with aircond? According to what I see on eBay, the V8 one is the same as the V6 but I can't be certain, because apparently a ute is different again???? Also says that some Calais have no aircon. Absolutely confusing. Really need to order one tomorrow as I won't have any transport for a week as it is... And parts shops are just crazy on prices in Tas... Hence I want to try and buy one online.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
IMG_1707.jpg
Surely it's the same belt on ute and sedan, engines are the same aren't they?
Supercheap website shows these for a V6 VR ute. Does your old belt still have numbers on it?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ute is broken down two hours away so can't get numbers until I can arrange a lift and really want to get it going on the same day I get a lift. Checked the above numbers on Ebay and they don't match up with the VR belts on eBay. Might have to pay the extra and get one from Burson's or the like.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
There is a ~5mm tolerance between brands, so it is likely that Dayco and Gates will have different part numbers for belts that suit the same application.

6PK2370 - V6 w/ A/C
6PK1650 - V6 w/o A/C

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cheers mate I now have a couple in my watch list on fleabay now. Gonna check local price before I order one online.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
55 bucks locally $28 inc freight on eBay. Far out..... I might have to slip the old one on as a temp fix to get me going and then order one online. Need to try Repco but I need to call in there to get the best price.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Repi's have one for $35 gonna on hold for me. Figured if I get one online to save $7 I might end up with it not fitting and not able to return it. Hopefully now everything else will arrive by Fri and I can get a lift home to do the repairs and have transport once again.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah Gates brand is steep...other brand normal rubber usually half that or some $50 with tensioner wheels.

Think ea falcon take same belt as air con buicks,found out the shorter belt w/out air con is least stocked when wanted to ditch air compressor.

Bang an old belt on if it's just to get home.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Car is at home stuck in my shed. I'm staying at my GF's nearly 2hrs away. Was thinking of chucking on the old belt while I wait for one to be sent. But knowing my luck it will break on my way to work where there is no mob reception like has happened before a couple of years back... An extra 7 bucks, knowing I can swap it at Repi's if it doesn't fit seems like the better option.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
My belt looked nearly new so I bolted air compressor..rather wait untill it breaks & order short $20-$30 belt

The dfi/coil pck on the other hand probably should keep in car as spares....