Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shadow tone recent sales

chanoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
81 vc in dynasty gold, 80 vc sle 336 pack
Hello,
Seen there has been a couple of shadow tones sold recently on eBay
A Vc blue over silver 336 pack (this is the pack with a factory 308) sold for $30,000 a couple of weeks ago

Currently a vh green shadow tone ( a factory 253 but has a 308) is up to $15,000 with a few day to run yet on the auction
Good and interesting to see they are getting good money for these vehicles.
Was thinking about selling my Vc shadow tone (red over red) 336 pack, but may just keep it now

VT13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina V6 Sedan
Pure 80s class, spent 8yrs in a VH SL/E 5.0L Cabernet over Mercury Shadow Tone. It was stock barring 1" lowered suspension, the colour combo was stunning. Thought I got good money getting $3000 for it in 2002, I guy from Dungog was pretty happy to get it.

The two tone looked a treat too on 80s vintage TX3 and TX5.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Yes I too have noticed the sort of money original V8 SL/E's are fetching these days also. It does not seem all that long ago that $5k for a really good matching numbers original 5.0l SL/E was considered good money, now they seem to be getting 5 X that and then some. I have recently considered selling my original SL/E (solid white), all original matching numbers 308, genuine 160,000 km's on the clock, genuine second owner... would probably get a fair price I am thinking but I really don't know if I could actually part with it tbh....