Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shaking when ac is on

jimmythesaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx acclaim
question,,,the wifes vz when at traffic lights shakes and shutters with the a/c on when ya turn the a/c off its ok ,,,,,
could it be the injectors,,,really confused,,,did have a sluggish problem before but thats been fixed wiyh new spark plugs,,,,
it starts coughing and shaking in drive or reverse mainly in park not so bad,,,but only when a/c is on,,,,any ideas,,cheers:bang:

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
iac valve, or some people call it a idle up control valve, basically it increases the car idle when the air con is on.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
The vz has an electronic throttle so it just opens up 1-2% more when the AC is on. It has no IAC valve.

You should clean the throttle body... See if that helps. They build up a bit of gunk just after the butterfly.

VTCommoDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE
Mine did that years ago. It was running really rough. Mechanics couldnt figure it out. I bought 3 cans of carby cleaner and sprayed inside the engine through the air intake. All the carbon and crap comes out. Just do a little bit at a time because it is hard to start the car. If you do too much, it will be really hard to start. When it does start, a massive black cloud shoots out the exhaust.

I sprayed all the sensors and took off the IAC valve (it was completely blocked). It has run like a new car ever since.