Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shame, Holden Shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clubbie_50

RKZ234 you said in a message (**IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED UNEVEN REAR TYRE WEAR WITH A VT or VX 1 AND HOLDEN REFUSED TO OR COULDN'T FIX THE FAULT UNDER WARRANTY, THE A.C.C.C. WILL LAUNCH AN INVESTIGATION, IF PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT OR ANY OTHER FAULT. SO STAND UP AND MAKE HOLDEN ACCOUNTABLE! ** ) I think everyone with a vt xv are aware of the IRS tyre wear situation, I personally thinks its a lost cause trying to get something done with warranty.
I understand how you feel tyres are not cheap if I were you I would just go by a rear camber kit for your car and fix the problem yourself. That tyre wear issue is the same for all us vt vx owners if you lower your car you make it worse, there actually is no fault with the suspension. Like everything they always improve it in later models eg vy onwards and in vx sII clubsports
when they upgraded the IRS. Anyways good luck I think you will need it.!

C

clubbie_50

remember IRS was standard on commodores vt onwards, ford did not pull there finger out for a while after that. I am actually thankful for the IRS cause as much as my car went thru tyres it handled bloody awesome with that camber.

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
I think you guys might find that the actual camber is not the problem, its the toe that cause the wear. Well, so i've been informed anyway. Bye the way, hope ya have a win RKZ. I dont have any prob on my two vt's , but the old kombi van, thats another thing! scrubs em out real bad :w00t:

C

clubbie_50

I owned a vt exec s1 my girl has a vt2 I know have a clubby, when i got my car wheel alligned the problem was the 3.something degrees neg camber that was on my series 1 vt it was lowered 2"

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
clubbie_50 said:
I understand how you feel tyres are not cheap if I were you I would just go by a rear camber kit for your car and fix the problem yourself.
I think you will find if you read the entire post that the camber kit has been done in this car not once but twice and did not fix the problem. The problem is Holden fobbing off a genuine warranty issue. I applaud RKZ234 for making a stand on this issue.

R

RKZ234

clubbie_50 said:
I think everyone with a vt xv are aware of the IRS tyre wear situation, I personally thinks its a lost cause trying to get something done with warranty.
I understand how you feel tyres are not cheap if I were you I would just go by a rear camber kit for your car and fix the problem yourself. That tyre wear issue is the same for all us vt vx owners if you lower your car you make it worse, there actually is no fault with the suspension. Like everything they always improve it in later models eg vy onwards and in vx sII clubsports
when they upgraded the IRS. Anyways good luck I think you will need it.!

I wasn't aware of this issue before or when I purchased the car, Holden and their dealer failed to make me aware of it prior to purchase as the Trade Practices Act required them to do.

Had I known about it I wouldn't have bough a Commodore.

Holden has TWICE fitted a camber kit, which failed to fix the problem, so why on earth would I pay more money in an attempt to get what I've already paid for?

I haven't lowered or modified the car in any way.

I've established Holden was aware of the issue in the VT and chose not to fix it until the complaints became too much to bear and they modified the rear end in the VX II.

R

r00ns

sad vx said:
As a vx ss owner I agree with u totaly.Read my post a couple of days ago.Motor blowing smoke,gearbox buggered,LSD slipping! what more? My gripe is not so much warranty issues but the rubbish that not only GMH but ford are selling out of there factories that they so call top of the range motor vehicles.There are cars out their both holden and ford that are 20 to 30 years old and still running fine.My car is now 4 years old and almost undriveable God help us.Like they say a real car is a steel car.

It has **** all to do with whether its plastic or not.Australian built cars arnt as good as they should be.

R

RKZ234

r00ns said:
It has **** all to do with whether its plastic or not.Australian built cars arnt as good as they should be.

I agree. My family is now fed up with Australian made cars, with the disgraceful treatment by Holden of me being the icing on the cake.

My sister has just bought a Golf, (she was looking at the Astra) her husband has just bought a Volvo (was looking at the Vectra V6) The new Statesman my father was considering is now going to be something else.

Why? Because the ausiie carmakers don't give a toss about private buyers.

Holden (and Ford too) are far too complacent in the way they take the Australian Motorist for granted. If you took away all their federal and state government subsidies, tax concessions and government fleet sales, they would both be far more attuned to customer wishes and demands.

Instead, both are nothing more than sheltered workshops that produce the occasional quality vehicle in between a whole bunch of rubbish, then look for all manner of creative excuses on why the customers warranty shouldn't be honoured.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

r00ns

Dude,vectra and astra arnt built in australia.They are built in the same country that honours the same quality as mercedes and bmw's.If i was to buy a holden those two cars would be the only two i would ever buy.

Crofty

'Animul' Boy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LUMINA S2
Ive just read this post through and through - and I know youve been commented on what a stand your making, but I truely feel for you dude. This type of thing shouldnt be happening. Ive always seen the commodore as a car to see reliance in - but now that I see this, im speechless. Im right up with ya buddy.

-crofty

btw - I own a vx II and I can tell you my tyre wear is not bloody good either. From the sounds of things, this whole problem should of been fixed with the series 2, but ive had 3 new sets of rear tyres and ive done 80,000k's. Maybe thats average - but bloody hopeless if it is a commodores standard tyre wear. The thing is, not only is tyre wear horrid for RKZ234, is shocking for every other commodore too. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.