Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shame, Holden Shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RKZ234

daggett said:
What's the point in having a "warranty" if they don't honer it. Yes, Its a design fault my car chews the rears out as well but unfortunally I am just wearing it because Holden refuses to fix the problem if his case is sucessful then I might have a leg to stand on.

You could say he is a pioneer!!!

We all have a genuine case over this issue and Holden most certianly has a case to answer for their repeated refusal to honour warranty on this issue.

My case is neither groundbreaking, nor am I unique or pioneering. I'm just somebody who (according to Holden) is unreasonable. I'm so unreasonable that I've had the audacity to demand what I paid for.

The reason Holden is so reticent to fix my vehicle (and everyone elses before me) is that every VT sedan and Series I VX sedan has this same design fault. This fault was addressed by the modification to the rear end from the VX II onwards.

Holden fears accountability as the design fault is a result of a production cost cutting measure, which created a problem far worse than they envisaged.

I used to think Holden stood for integrity, dependability, honesty, and honour. I now concede that Holden is tarred with the same brush of arrogance and dishonesty as Ford and as a proud Australian who advocates buy Australian, I am genuinely embarassed that both of our big 2 local car manufacturers are dishonest and unable to be trusted.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
*cough* class action *cough*

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
Yeah, I want the control link in the ass end of my VX series 1 as well! I bet if you bought the parts from Holden they would cost an arm and leg and most likely your sanity too, while they have got hold of you by the balls. :mad:

Ciao ...

R

rimz81

design fault

The main reason IRS commodores chew out rear tyres is because when they brought out the first IRS commodore they used the rear end out of a calibra and stuck it into the rear end of a commodore , the rear ends are to heavy and create to much negative camber and toe in.In the vx im not sure if they have the new toe link to adjust toe ,but this type of adjuster uses a special voided bush on the inner pivot so you cant fit a camber kit.maybye you could get rid of the toe adjuster and fit a camber kit into each pivot point? :)

R

RKZ234

rimz81 said:
The main reason IRS commodores chew out rear tyres is because when they brought out the first IRS commodore they used the rear end out of a calibra and stuck it into the rear end of a commodore , the rear ends are to heavy and create to much negative camber and toe in.In the vx im not sure if they have the new toe link to adjust toe ,but this type of adjuster uses a special voided bush on the inner pivot so you cant fit a camber kit.maybye you could get rid of the toe adjuster and fit a camber kit into each pivot point? :)

My VX has factory FE2. I've had a Camber Kit fitted under Warranty. Then I had new coils and a Camber Kit done under warranty and the problem remains.

mitch01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX exec. ser.1
I continue to hear a great deal about terrible tyre wear from this issue. But just to add my 10 cents worth, my VX series 1 sedan with NO camber kit fitted does not have any rear tyre wear issues. After 65000k's I'm only just looking at replacing the original bridgestones the car came with now. I admit I rarely carry any significant weight in the boot which would accentuate the problem, but is it really THAT bad? perhaps some are worse than others?

R

RKZ234

mitch01 said:
I continue to hear a great deal about terrible tyre wear from this issue. But just to add my 10 cents worth, my VX series 1 sedan with NO camber kit fitted does not have any rear tyre wear issues. After 65000k's I'm only just looking at replacing the original bridgestones the car came with now. I admit I rarely carry any significant weight in the boot which would accentuate the problem, but is it really THAT bad? perhaps some are worse than others?

You are clearly a much luckier man than I am and I am happy for you.

My vehicle has been plagued from day 1. I rarely carry any weight in the boot either, except for the odd overnight bag, a set of jumper leads and a length of rope.

Our other VX I (which has managed to escape the problems) is the car that regularly has about 75 kg in the boot and only has 1 or 2 people in it 99% of the time.

But this isn't the point. Both cars have a boot which is designed to carry items, 5 seats with seatbelts and are registered as a 5 seat vehicle. So using the vehicles for the purpose they are designed for, shouldn't cause adverse effects.

My car has rarely carried more than just myself (and very rarely 1 front seat passenger)

Even if it had regularly carried 5 people, that's precisely what it's designed for! It is inexcusable for Holden to try to suggest that regularly carrying 4 passengers is the cause of the tyre wear and a valid reason to avoid a warranty claim. That sort of response merely evidences the view held by Holden's own dealers and the tyre companies that the VX I has a design fault.

What is also surprising is that both our cars have FE2 suspension which would reduce the tendency for the problem to be significant.

R

rimz81

camber kit

when you had the camber kit fitted which pivot point was it installed on and what wheel align figures were put on it?

R

RKZ234

rimz81 said:
when you had the camber kit fitted which pivot point was it installed on and what wheel align figures were put on it?

I have no idea, the work was done by a dealership and wasn't given a copy of the RO or given any figures on settings.

In hindsight it would be nice to have them to refer to, but I really shouldn't have to know stuff like that. It's Holden's job to keep records and fix the fault, not screw me around and lie to me for 3 years.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
RKZ234 said:
I have no idea, the work was done by a dealership and wasn't given a copy of the RO or given any figures on settings.

In hindsight it would be nice to have them to refer to, but I really shouldn't have to know stuff like that. It's Holden's job to keep records and fix the fault, not screw me around and lie to me for 3 years.

what everyone has to accept is this is a world of money now. everyone wants it for themselves. they dont want you to have it. there are no honest companys unless they acctually have to work to survive. RKZ234 good luck. take them to court or what ever it is you do. if the warranty is clear and you are still covered by it then they judge would surely see that you are right. but then maybe the innocent party is who ever pays the most. stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.