Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shift Improver Kit

kolonel

Reaction score
Digging up an old thread, but has anyone installed one of these shiftkits recently ?

Regards
kolonel

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Mine is still in and working like a champion, go with it if you have a 4L60E trans

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Yeah I have the same shiftkit as Tim, I find I have it off for most daily driving as it can be a bit too harsh in daily traffic but when I want to play a bit it is cool for more solid shifts.

I will be able to give you back to back comparisons of any improvements over the 1/4 mile in the coming weeks as I have a suspicision my take offs are slower with the shiftkit on as the box doesn't allow the motor to flash into the boost revs at takeoff.

As mine is getting a full built stage III box in shortly I would be happy to send the shiftkit to anyone who wants to try it on their 4L60E.

kolonel

Reaction score
Yeah I have the same shiftkit as Tim, I find I have it off for most daily driving as it can be a bit too harsh in daily traffic but when I want to play a bit it is cool for more solid shifts.

I will be able to give you back to back comparisons of any improvements over the 1/4 mile in the coming weeks as I have a suspicision my take offs are slower with the shiftkit on as the box doesn't allow the motor to flash into the boost revs at takeoff.

As mine is getting a full built stage III box in shortly I would be happy to send the shiftkit to anyone who wants to try it on their 4L60E.

Mate, i would be interested. What sort of $$$$ ? Instructions still ?

Regards
kolonel

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
If you really wanna see it shift like a racer, get some Penrite Racing oil Trans oil.

SIN COMP AUTO - Penrite Oil

But use at your own peril........ servo and kit are the way to go. Then again, i agree with those above, when family in the car, it would not be comfortable.

stevo350ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Commodore ute
help,, anybody,, ?? i bought a B and M shift improver kit from auto one and because its american it comes with and american wiring diagram so i wired it up to the colours ond the gmh diagram as mine is a 350chev, i took it for a drive and then reluctantly hit the switch and the windscreen wipers came on, haha, its got my auto elecy stum[ped and all. has any one wired it to a vu ss ute i believe it is wired right next to pcm (power control module) can any one let me know what coloured wires to solder to theres a positive and a negative wire. cheers guys your help would be much appreciated.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
electric shiftkits are fail ditch it and do a real internal shiftkit in the auto

stevo350ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Commodore ute
shift plus Band M

well i got it now so i should install it apparently the feedback here is good with mates also i was going to install a stage 3 but i just dnt have the cash dude so is there any one who can help me with the shift plus improver from B&m cheers again

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
HAHA windscreen wiper.