Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should a vx ss have traction control

VQchick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
just bought a 2001 vx ss and it has no traction control button. should it have? i thought they came standed...and is there a way of telling if its acctually a ss (it has ss on seats and body)

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I think it should have a TC button. Open your bonnet and see what engine is in it to tell if you got a SS. Look at the ID plate while your there.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
The button should be next to the switch for your fog lights.
Its odd if it didn't have it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
If it is an auto the TC button is on the console next to the T bar/auto shift lever, see the pic below of mine, I have a feeling I read some where that ex police VX SS's didn't have TC fitted.

RIMG0142.jpg

VQchick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
it has the 5.7..how do i tell looking at compliance plate? it doesnt say anything about ss..but it does tell me its a vx 2001 v8 etc....as pic above it doesnt have tc switch (nothing there)...how do i tell if its a police one?

Davidcoolaye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Heyo,
It is most likely an SS but an EX police car. If it's manual it wont have traction control at all. If you have a little isolation switch or in normal terms another "off" switch for your lights behind the steering wheel on the left, it is a police car. Another way to tell is, look at the light in the roof, is it a regular dome light or does it have 2 map reading lights in it also. More than likely it's an SS, just one that Mr officer ringed the a** out of back in the day.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina

VQchick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
its an auto, on the left side of steering wheel it has a switch with a line going thru a light, on the right side theres a light switch under head lights, it has 2 map reading lights in the roof....i was hoping it wasnt a cop car (i knew it could of been when the dealer says "its not a ex cop car") i cant match,understand vin decoder, is it safe to put up so u guys can help me? so does it have tc or? i was hoping to have it as im female and have kids in car for safety...thanks guys

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab