Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sick Dog.......Poisoned??

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Hi all,

I'm not hoping this hasn't happened to someone but they know about it anyway, I've got a little Maltese dog cross with something, anyway, after a long weekend at the beach-house, which always has ratsak, he seems a bit crook, I'm pretty sure that I moved it all but there was a time when the relatives were there and one of them left the shed door open (which I didn't move as I don't go in there). I'm pretty sure I'll take him to the vet, are there any telltale signs. The other dog who is meant to be a chihuahua but ended being 6 kgs is fine, he's a fat **** that would definitely eat anything.

Any help/ideas/telltale signs?

southy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suzuki Swift GTI
Im sorry tht i cant help, but my sisters dog ate rat sak and died within hours so id probably take it too the vet asap

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Nosebleeds, drooling, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, ticks/tremors and can cause internal bleeding. I'd be getting him/her to the vet asap coz normally they have to be treated within 12-14 hours after eating it.

We thought our cat ate it (it was either that or she drank coolant) and she ended up having to have some of her intestine removed, ended up with a $3000 vet bill :hmmm:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
If you think its eaten it, get it to the vet ASAP, even tonight.

It happened to my border collie when he was 13. At 3pm he was fine, I went down to feed him at 6pm and he was lying on his side and his stomach was visibly distending. He was obviously in pain. We hadn't used any ratsak, but my dad said he had sprayed the plants. So he either got it from that or was poisoned by our neighbours.

Took him to the vet straight away where he nearly died from multiple organ failure. He had severe diarrhea, was always vomiting and was drooling from the mouth and nose.

The vet kept him for a week and it ended up costing us over $2k. After that he was never really the same and kept going for another 3 years before he passed away.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
he doesn't have any side affects besides being off his food, I'm not trying to cheap out as I'll be taking him in about half an hour, also if he had it, it would have had to of been about 3.00pm yesterday. He is also a real jumpy dog ALL the time, now he seems stuffed like he cant be bothered.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Easiest way to see if they've been poisoned is to look at the gums, if they are white and not a healthy pink then there is something wrong.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
I've no idea where this beach house is but you would be surprised at where ticks will turn up. It could be anything, dehydration, ate something that didn't agree with him/her, or it could be a tick. Hopefully it wasn't ratsak!

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
thanks, Im off to the vet now anyway, I'll see what he reckons.

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
there are pleny of varieties of ticks that wont hurt dogs apart from sucking blood, the only ones you need to worry about are paralysis ticks.