Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Similarities between VT etc

mtautospares

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon
Hi all. So I’m new to the Commodore scene, parents have owned them all my life but I’ve recently picked up my first VT to strip down for parts and I’m learning a lot (and loving it too)

My question is, when browsing eBay, people have listed parts from the VT as VT VX VU also, is there a way to tell which parts fit which car? Or are they all pretty universal?

Cheers guys. Looking forward to the commodore life

Attachments

• IMG_0344.png
    IMG_0344.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 27

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
it is complicated, many parts are interchangable
many vx parts are unique to series i or ii

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Some things are obvious, like VT and VX tail lights look nothing alike, but they'll both fit either model. Headlights are only interchangeable if you change everything around them too. Some seats have side airbags built in, some don't and while the seats will happily install in either model, using non-airbag seats in a car that's meant to have side airbags is illegal.
I've been parting out a VX Exec on ebay for years and I can tell you that 99% of people already know whether the part you have will fit their car, just make sure you are very clear in your description specifically what car the parts came from, because there are big styling differences between Executive, Berlina, etc
Here's my listing if you want an idea of what info is good to have: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/184443108764

Reactions: Lex