Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single best thing you love about your VF

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
Remote start and HUD should be compulsory in every car.

Want a laugh!!!

We have some older friends older than us in the late 60's and they came to look at our House and whilst they were at it they looked at the VF SV6 (they have 10 year old Merc). Now I Tee'd it with my wife to hide around the corner with the car keys and listen to my commands.
As myself and our elderly friends admired the car whilst in the garage and I was telling them of all the toys and tricks the car has.
I now said to them that i'm going to talk to the car,,,,,I said,,, Betsy please start your engine, The Engine starts, I gave the car second command, Betsy Please unlock the doors the doors unlock, Followed by another command Betsy please open the boot, The boot opened.
Now the oldies were horrified and said and this is a Holden and it can do this.
He later said this reminds me of that movie Start Trek the Voyage home where Scotty in that engineering shop spoke to the computer saying "computer please turn on" or something like that but it didn't turn on in this case.

See these friend of ours are German and they always tell everyone that they have the best. LOL,LOL I said this is only a Holden and it can do this LOL.

...So you lied to your "friends" because they're German or because they have the best?? at least you did mention the truth in your comment is that it is only a Holden.

You will find that a lot of cars (particularly German cars) these days can do remote start, heck even a Jeep can do this! A bit lame comparing their 10+ year old Merc to your newer model.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Remote start and HUD should be compulsory in every car.

Want a laugh!!!

See these friend of ours are German and they always tell everyone that they have the best. LOL,LOL I said this is only a Holden and it can do this LOL.

Remote start has been around in the auto world for years and has been particularly common in cold climates since the early 2000’s.

In Australia it has been illegal to run a vehicle if the driver was more than 3 metres away from it and that is why imported cars had the function deleted for years.

I have a number of Euros in my garage which are complimented by some old and new Aussie iron and if I had to give some of them up, sadly I have to say it would be the new Aussie stuff that would go first.

The Euros offer much much more in tech and innovation than what the eye can see and in truth leave the Aussies for dead.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyway getting the thread back on track... My favourite thing about the VF is the interior as a whole, just a nice place to be and I feel lucky to own it every time I get in. I never thought in my life I would buy a new car, let alone a brand new SSV. Wouldn't have happened if I was still in NZ that's for sure. I will never sell this car, and still have so many plans.

Mavericks Choice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV M6, VF2 LS3 Calais V, VZ 6L M6 Crewie
When I fire up the LS3 it's always just :thumbsup::yeah::bow:

ToeCutter21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline MY15 + VF2 Redline MY17
Can't pick a single thing- there's too many. The leather seats, the HUD, the sound system, the leg room for the kids. The engine that purrs on the highway and roars when overtaking. The paddle shifters that make mountain roads a joy, the gloss black finish that beads water every time I wash it. Taking off the car cover and inching it out of the driveway like a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier ready for launch. The steering wheel that fits my grip perfectly and has every control right under my thumbs, the Brembo brakes that grip like a vice.

Excuse me, I'm just going to go sit in it for a while...

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Can't pick a single thing- there's too many. The leather seats, the HUD, the sound system, the leg room for the kids. The engine that purrs on the highway and roars when overtaking. The paddle shifters that make mountain roads a joy, the gloss black finish that beads water every time I wash it. Taking off the car cover and inching it out of the driveway like a fighter jet on an aircraft carrier ready for launch. The steering wheel that fits my grip perfectly and has every control right under my thumbs, the Brembo brakes that grip like a vice.

Excuse me, I'm just going to go sit in it for a while...

After your post i'm going for a drive now:beer chug:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
...So you lied to your "friends" because they're German or because they have the best?? at least you did mention the truth in your comment is that it is only a Holden.

You will find that a lot of cars (particularly German cars) these days can do remote start, heck even a Jeep can do this! A bit lame comparing their 10+ year old Merc to your newer model.

We have been winding each other up for 40 years and its only payback for all the times he has rubbished us as inferior Australians but yet he lives here. I met this dude 40 years ago as the company he worked for had a Job to do in Australia so he and his co workers came out here to do what had to be done and I have to say his showmanship was excellant but myself working for another company looked at his quality work I went one step better that pissed him off and we became friends after this and he migrated to Australia.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
The Euros offer much much more in tech and innovation than what the eye can see and in truth leave the Aussies for dead.

Yes I know that and have known this for a long while. I remember this many years ago that when Holden's had no radio and a Heater people that had euro and jap cars had the luxury of a radio and the first of Air conditioning whilst the only air conditioning we had was to pull that knob that opened the vents up under the dash.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
To be honest so many car companies share technology and platforms there can hardly be any one group or country of origin that can lay claim to being a leader in innovation.
Ultimately companies produce products to sell, Australian motoring has always been about delivering reliable product at a price point.
The fact that recent affluence has created a demand for more luxury items here has not worked well for our industry focused on delivering 'meat pie' motoring. Sadly, GM and Ford dropped the ball and didn't catch on to the change in consumer sentiment. Toyota could adapt by building Lexus here but not without other companies around to keep parts supply cost efficient.