Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smell clutch burning on launch but it's new

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
Hey guys bought vx ss about 2 months ago and it just had a new standard clutch put in it 1month prior to that.when I get off the lights hard all u can smell is clutch burning am I better off just dumping it?...and do the standard one's wear out really quick with a bit of abuse?any suggestions on what brand of heavy duty clutch should I invest in.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
If you can smell burnt clutch, it must have excess slip.

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Hey how mch was it for the new clutch and For insulation? Cheers

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
Previos owner bought it and had it fitted somewhere in brisbane,I've got all receipts but I've miss placed them at the moment....sorry but i think it was like 700 or something like that but I could be wrong.

Alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VT SS
New clutches need to be bedded in. So go easy on it. But having said this i cant really comment on your driving style either.. 90% of the problem could be between the steering wheel and the seat.

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
Yeah I think I'm a large part of the problem as my other car is vn v8 with 3500 stally that I've owned for like 7 years but I got bored of driving an auto all the time so I bought vx ss as a daily but I still wanna go fast so I guess practice makes perfect hey,if any one can recommend a heavy duty clutch it would be much appreciated

Cheers