Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So how well do MACE V6 bolt on products work???

MACE

Reaction score
My bad, I knew the figure were quite high considering the car was run on a mainline in addition to having 20's!

Admittedly I didn't look at the graph in great enough detail considering the customer had called us and mentioned that it made 151kw at the wheels.

Will email Justin to find out what the exact power output is but my gut tells me that the figures are infact hp and not kw's.

There is a noticeable difference between the dyno figures that come out of a mainline to that of a dyno dynamics dyno with power readings differing to around 20 to +30kw at the wheels are common. Clearly the two machines calculate output figures differently especially in the older dyno dynamics items, as they are reliant on an external weather station etc.

Hopefully Justin will be generous enough to get a reading undertaken on a dyno dynamics dyno as they are pretty much the industry standard industry standard (rightly or wrongly), as reflected by about 70 - 80% of the dyno results on this site alone.

From feedback from other customers over the years figures, with similar bolt on mods, they've yielded around 140kw and 150kw at the wheels in auto and manuals respectively on a dyno dynamics dyno.

Also just further confuse people :p we'll also have some some step by step dyna pack results shortly on some bolt on mods undertaken on a VN V6 :D

For those who are not familiar with the dyna pack system check out there site below

http://www.dynapack.com/

This will give people a true indication as to what % gains people can expect from some of our mods.

Cheers
Steve :D

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I would think 151 rwkw for a manual with a custom tune would be about right.
I have a VT auto with
Aunger CAI
Lukey high flow air filter
69mm Throttle body
24mm plenum spacer
1.9 YT Roller Rockers
Pacemaker extracters
2.5 inch exhaust
Mail order tune

I dynoed 133 rwkw on a dyno dynamics dyno. Would hope for 140 when I eventually get a custom tune

MACE

Reaction score
I would think 151 rwkw for a manual with a custom tune would be about right.
I have a VT auto with
Aunger CAI
Lukey high flow air filter
69mm Throttle body
24mm plenum spacer
1.9 YT Roller Rockers
Pacemaker extracters
2.5 inch exhaust
Mail order tune

I dynoed 133 rwkw on a dyno dynamics dyno. Would hope for 140 when I eventually get a custom tune

Got to be happy with that figure :yahoo:

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Mace, many people seem to be comfortably using ur 69mm throttle body. Theres been alot of bad press on the larger throttle for previous models, is this not the case for the ecotecs ? Something about leaning, or issues with transmission ???

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
i had heaps of issues with my 69mm tb on my old vs (executive) put it on my new caprice (ecotec) and threw out first gear a bit, tune from delcowizzid and it goes as good as ever

What Tune is that and on which Model Caprice ? Can it be done on a VX ?

MACE

Reaction score
Ok just to clear a few things up with larger throttle bodies.

Installing a larger throttle body on a VN-VR will not change the shifting characteristics on an auto.

This is because the characteristics of the standard vs aftermarket throttle bodies are the same compared. What I mean that per given throttle angle each one will give the same air flow characteristics, and will be in close proportion to each other. Yes the larger throttle body will definitely be able to flow more air overall then the factory item, however because the characteristics are similar the computer doesn’t have a problem.

However on the ecotec throttle bodies this isn’t the case as this charactertic is different when you compare the standard throttle body to an aftermarket one. The is because the factory item has “humps” inside to archive a desired throttle characteristic (dulling throttle response). Where as the after market item machine these humps right out which are a restriction, however this results in new flow characteristic that are not in proportion with each other especially under light load where the difference is greatest. As a result the computer may get caught out at times because of it depending on your driving style. If you have the line pressures in your auto increases then it won’t be a problem.

We’ve made improvements in this area through supplying things like the restrictor etc. In regards to the throttle bodies we sell, many people are happy with them small number though feel that there is room for improvement in this area. In which case we can now supply memcals to suit which sorts it out completely.

Hope this clears up a few things.

Cheers
Steve

sdfsdfsaf dsafsdaf

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
What Tune is that and on which Model Caprice ? Can it be done on a VX ?

lols the one in my sig and pic, its a vs with an ecotec in it, not sure about the vx man dunno about your ecu youd have to ask delco or greenfoam

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
MACE have you got in contact with the customer by now to find out what it really made on the dyno I am interested but yet I am surprised that you posted this thread up saying the he had made 151rwkw It seems like you posted this up trying to get some suckers to buy your product hoping that they would make 100+ something rwkw the only reason I think this is that once someone realised that it was in HP and posted it up to question it you dissapered off the face of this thread. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE MADE THERE IS NO WAY THAT ITS ONLY 113 AT THE WHEELS FOR ALL THOSE MODS CONSIDERING THAT STOCK VT V6 AUTO'S MAKE SOMETHING LIKE 95-98 RWKW.
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN SOME OF YOUR PRODUCTS PLEASE FIND OUT IF POSSIBLE.
THANKS GLENN.