Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I am looking at a VF now, my SV6 is dying... If you had around $30k

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
How has the cruise knob and the leather bolster on drivers side been destroyed in 34k? Maybe a bargaining point for you with the dealer for a discount.

This was my thought!

And well I was being pretty strict on myself to go between 30-35, this 38 is stretching it but only cos it's so much lower km's than all others for sale and it's red :) Red is my top choice.
Oh and it's located down the road, so I can just go get it easily enough lol

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

It's a $38k ask, surely you'd be getting it for well under your $35k limit?

Not intending to burst your bubble, but keep this in mind when negotiating for that car; people are paying $55k for new LS3 Redlines, drive-away. New SSV's have a list-price $6k less, and I don't think I'm BS'ing to say they're not as popular, so I don't think $49k for a new SSV is unreasonable. And that's an LS3 car.

Now we're all somewhat enthusiastic about or VF's around here (some of us without Holden backgrounds find ourselves a little surprised about that :) ), but cars do still depreciate out there in the real world ... and you'd expect to lose at least a third in that first year, especially in a class of car which is reducing in popularity. And the car you're looking at is nearly three years old.

Haggle hard, my friend, haggle hard! :)

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE

It's a $38k ask, surely you'd be getting it for well under your $35k limit?

Not intending to burst your bubble, but keep this in mind when negotiating for that car; people are paying $55k for new LS3 Redlines, drive-away. New SSV's have a list-price $6k less, and I don't think I'm BS'ing to say they're not as popular, so I don't think $49k for a new SSV is unreasonable. And that's an LS3 car.

Now we're all somewhat enthusiastic about or VF's around here (some of us without Holden backgrounds find ourselves a little surprised about that :) ), but cars do still depreciate out there in the real world ... and you'd expect to lose at least a third in that first year, especially in a class of car which is reducing in popularity. And the car you're looking at is nearly three years old.

Haggle hard, my friend, haggle hard! :)

Oh I agree. I haven't sat down with the sales person yet, just doing the initial run arounds etc. So I will certainly be haggling hard haha.