Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so i put my car up for sale on ebay the other day

eurekamad94

street kiddo
Reaction score
Members Ride
kitted, tuned, sick pantha VS
I would personally look into getting an older model Lamborghini kit car, put your own motor in and take it from there!

You will have an absolute head turner!

do you have any idea how much it cost's to build one of those ? LOL

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
Turbo, turns corners and quick as **** in a straight line?

Can't go past an RX7. Keep 'em quiet and subtle and the cops won't harass you too badly.

A fair bit of maintenance and 15 - 20L/100k though.

(P.S. I am biased as **** after being in an uncle in-laws tarmac rally series 4, 0 - 100 in 3.8 seconds with a full 80L petrol tank and 2 adults in the front)

POVRTY

building 5L VB TH 400
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm L98 caprice
i still cant get over the thought of someone realy believes a wrx wont draw police att. dude r u serious?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i can think of one main reason why subarus are ****, cause they need to be serviced more than any car on the road, and they are a pain in the ass to work on,

also just note, by uncle had a wrx, the insurance was killer, and alot of company will only insure it if it is in a lock up garage at night

mikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6 Omega
i can think of one main reason why subarus are ****, cause they need to be serviced more than any car on the road, and they are a pain in the ass to work on,

also just note, by uncle had a wrx, the insurance was killer, and alot of company will only insure it if it is in a lock up garage at night

I own a 2008 wrx and it only needs to be serviced every 12500km (log book)

i tend to change oil every 5000km though.

tr11py

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
i still cant get over the thought of someone realy believes a wrx wont draw police att. dude r u serious?

my mate had a really nice rexy yea he got pulled over a bit but no where near as much as i used to.i figured cause the commodores are cheaper cars so they would target them more.dont get me wrong i know ill get pulled over in a rexy but yea number 1 i want a smaller car.number 2 i like the look of them.ive loved commys for the last couple of yrs but now after being in a better job earning more money ect i wouldnt invest my money in a commodore again.another reason for not buying a commodore again aswell is cause they lose their value quite easily.
overall im buying the rexy as i like the looks of it thats my number one reason:)

tr11py

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
Turbo, turns corners and quick as **** in a straight line?

Can't go past an RX7. Keep 'em quiet and subtle and the cops won't harass you too badly.

A fair bit of maintenance and 15 - 20L/100k though.

(P.S. I am biased as **** after being in an uncle in-laws tarmac rally series 4, 0 - 100 in 3.8 seconds with a full 80L petrol tank and 2 adults in the front)

rx 7 series 7 yum!!!!i want one but dont wana spend 35k upwards on a 10 year old car so ill steer away from them!but if i had the money to throw around i would buy one of the rx 7s straight away

tr11py

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
Mate, WRX's are poser cars these days.

If you're keen on one I strongly suggest you find a GC8, or if you can find a version 3 - 6 GC8 STi.
These are real sports cars.
Anything after about 2000-2001 is a "Look at me" wankers car. They're not fast, they don't handle all that much better than a Commodore and aren't built any better. Aftermarket parts are expensive, and result in little gains. Second hand OEM parts are also expensive.

At the end of the day, you aren't going to get a powerful car (200kw@w is pushing it) the acceleration is all in the gearing (4.11 final drive and close ratio gearboxes). The gearboxes themselves are shite. You WILL break one if you abuse it. I'd rank them just about the Aussie 4speed for durability.

If you plan on touring some twisty roads with some gusto, then by all means.
If you're like myself and live in a country area with nothing but straight roads and a long way to anywhere then forget it.

In my honest opinion, you're better of buying an LS1 equipped Commodore and putting in a short ratio diff. If only to save a packet on your insurance. (Which isn't likely to ever get under $1500 regardless of age or history)

If money is no issue, and you want a Japanese performance 4cylinder then look at an older EVO or anything fitted with an SR20t.

as i said above.i just like the look of the rexys:pdont really care about power ay.got over the whole speeding/burnouts stage after i lost my licence at the end of 07.but am contemplating just keeping my commy as a runabout car cause its worth **** all