Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I took the plunge and bought a tech 2

adi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Hey Guys,
Very interesting chat your having here. They are a very usefull tool, once you know all the things they can do. Hey, I have had one for over a year now and i am still learning. Just reading what everyone has wrote and i may be able to answer some of the questions asked here.
Some of the usefull features of the tech 2 are Reading fault codes and being able to clear them, Find out all the engine data, program clusters (change them from V6 to V8) and even program new keys (so you don't have to pay Holden)
With the software version 142 you are able to program keys without having to connect the tech 2 to the holden server. You just need your BCM security code. I have version 143 but it needs authorization from holden before it programs keys.

Thnx for the brief info regarding the TECH2 m8 :)

Btw it would be great if you could upload a brief video of what functions it provides, would be much appreciated :spot on:

He means cop mode which shows a big digital speedo obviously. It's much easier to look at a big digital display instead of a little needle

I have been reading a lot of threads lately, this "cop-mode" word was being used in every thread related to (tech-2) every now and then...I was wondering WTH it was :p
pretty stupid name they have given, whoever has given it this name :p
Anyhow...I drive a chevy lumina 06 LTZ ALLOYTEC which resembles Holden Commodore VZ V6 ALLOYTEC, and I can switch to digital speedometer AKA "cop-mode" :p when ever I want to, just by using the mode button :\

Its weird how they've locked it there :\