Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so over WA drivers!!!!

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
As a born and bred Sandgroper, I can say that as a generalisation WA drivers are in my experience the worst. They generally don't know how to merge, tend to not allow others in when changing lanes and don't keep left - even on the freeways where you should when the speed limit is 90 or more I believe. I don’t think it is even policed. They would learn that you need to do these things to keep it moving if they drove around Melbourne or Sydney as those drivers would soon let you know. I have spent time on many occasions driving throughout all the states.
One thing that confounds me completely is when someone enters the freeway and shortly thereafter, if not immediately, goes straight across to the right lane for no obvious reason. There is no traffic in the lane they have entered from to slow them down but they just go straight across to the right one and stay there.
The other trick is if I am in the middle lane and approaching from behind slowly and there is nothing in front of them in either the same lane or the right lane, they move to the right lane. Now I don't know if they think they are doing me a favour by getting out of my way or not but it just seems so silly. If and when I wish to overtake I will move to the free (right) lane and do so and then move back.

plane driver are you a pilot?

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
People on bikes cutting lanes make me so mad.

I was cruising west up Beach road in the left lane coming away from a set of lights. At the time I was doing 75 in a 70 zone and a guy in a Red VY Maloo Ute came up behind me and overtook. Fair enough, if he wants to go faster no problem. Then the ******** cuts back into my lane and throws his brakes and left indicator on and slows right down to take a left hand turn.

WHY THE HELL WOULD HE OVERTAKE ME TO CUT ME OFF AND SLOW ME DOWN TO 20KS???? I mean a fellow Commodore driver shouldn't be such a wanker.

Then I went over the freeway bridge (still in the left lane) and some MORON in a clapped out old Rodeo pulls out from the Caltex into my lane blowing thick black smoke and slowly accelerates the gutless diesel in front of me, meaning I had to brake and swap lanes. I was so mad I gave him a good serve of the horn, then went around him and another serve of the horn. I mean there were no other cars around me why could he not wait for me to pass or even pull into the right lane and start to accelerate, let me pass and then move into the left lane behind me.

Some idiots just don't think.

slaughtknight

Now with chrome bits ;)
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
SVZ Sedan
W@nker in mercedes!!!

i was going along beach rd, just came out of my mate place got to the set of lights (on beach rd) and the was a mercedes hatch next to me, he was just sit rite in my blind spot along beach rd all the way and i had to get ova to turn so i put my foot down to speed, i got ova and then he got in the other lane, pull up next to me and started taking photo of my car and me etc.

i said to my missus who was in the car at the time, check this guy out....wat was the point??? is it because that he ****ed off that i have a quicker car then his 40k plus car or he sooooo up his mercedes that he was going to put me into the hoon's law???

my point is that (some) W.A drives are just w@ankers!!! need to learn some road rules!!!!!

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Sadly for him, photos taken like that can't prove you were speeding, and even if they could I doubt you were doing enough to be done under hoon laws. Beach road seems to attract some real morons.

I had this old woman in an Echo doing about 20 down ravenswood drive in Mirrabooka. Needless to say I was close up her backside trying to get her to speed up. Then she turned up Amelia street (where I had to turn) and did about 10-20 up the hill. She all of a sudden pulled over and stopped so I just went around her and she came behind me flashing her lights and following me. I stopped at the traffic lights and I saw her pull out a pad and a pen to write my rego. Light went green so I chopped it and never saw her again LOL

I don't understand how she expected to prove anything. I'm actually going for a run this weekend with my new Agent webcam stuck to my dash hoping to catch some morons out. I'll let you all know if I see anything of note.

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Sadly for him, photos taken like that can't prove you were speeding, and even if they could I doubt you were doing enough to be done under hoon laws. Beach road seems to attract some real morons.

I had this old woman in an Echo doing about 20 down ravenswood drive in Mirrabooka. Needless to say I was close up her backside trying to get her to speed up. Then she turned up Amelia street (where I had to turn) and did about 10-20 up the hill. She all of a sudden pulled over and stopped so I just went around her and she came behind me flashing her lights and following me. I stopped at the traffic lights and I saw her pull out a pad and a pen to write my rego. Light went green so I chopped it and never saw her again LOL

I don't understand how she expected to prove anything. I'm actually going for a run this weekend with my new Agent webcam stuck to my dash hoping to catch some morons out. I'll let you all know if I see anything of note.

Whats an agent webcam?

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
it aint just merc's that sit in your blind spot the whole stretch of road and in the right hand lane.but camry's,magna's sigma's and tools in 4wd's too!!!
whats wrong keeping left people. and for **** sake use hands free when on a phone instead of sverving in your lane and making it noticable that your mind not on whats ahead of you and brake late etc and not use indicators coz the call to yahh ho' is more important.:bang:

i was going along beach rd, just came out of my mate place got to the set of lights (on beach rd) and the was a mercedes hatch next to me, he was just sit rite in my blind spot along beach rd all the way and i had to get ova to turn so i put my foot down to speed, i got ova and then he got in the other lane, pull up next to me and started taking photo of my car and me etc.

i said to my missus who was in the car at the time, check this guy out....wat was the point??? is it because that he ****ed off that i have a quicker car then his 40k plus car or he sooooo up his mercedes that he was going to put me into the hoon's law???

my point is that (some) W.A drives are just w@ankers!!! need to learn some road rules!!!!!

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
i think you guys are taring wa drivers almost to the point of being disrciminate.. ive driven all over the country .. the world in fact .. i i say you need to HTFU .. wa drivers are no worse than any other place in oz .. yes ive had my moments of frustration behind other oblivious drivers but yet again no worse than any other place .. ive seen a thread on here about what constitutes a good driver ..and being able to read the road and user was mentioned in it .. as far as im concerned p platers are the friggin worst but in there defence they have to learn its just that everybody is in such a mental hurry these days ..even when they are not going anywhere in particular .. they think that because someone in the outside lane doing 100 kmh is blocking the flow of traffic .. that a load of bollocks .. the outside lane is not for speeding its to ease congestion .. dont get me wrong ive been known to speed more often than i probably should .. but then i dont blame being late because someone was doing the speed limit in the outside lane .. and as for roundabouts ..an intersections ..and what i call blending in from off an on ramps .. its much the same australia wide .. even though i know there will be a truck load that disagree .. these will probably be the people that need to sit down an take a good look at there own driving habits.
ive been driving for bout 30 years now an so far havent even had a ding in any of my cars.. and believe me , get any one of you,se on board an i could scare the crap out of you, an you would never want to get in my car again. but thats only because i know how to an i can do it if i wanted to .. some people drive like that on a daily basis an think its normal.. im sure there are people out there drive badly constantly but not intentionaly.. as ive said .. the only ones that do the stupid stuff intentionally are the l or p platers .. and these are the one that think everybody else on the road are idiots

COME ON THEN ..LETS HEAR IT ?????

FusionX

Reaction score
COME ON THEN ..LETS HEAR IT ?????

I'll disagree with you, W.A drivers are worse then the rest of Australia at merging... thats my biggest issue I find. (Although your right, there are some bad places around the world to go for a drive, I won't even start on philadelphia when I was there a few years back)

I've done quite a few years running east/west with trucks. While in NSW/VIC when it came to merging, cars usually gave me room to fit in. Rarely get the occasionally idiot shoot up the inside. Here in WA, its every merge point, people seem to have this weird idea they must stay infront of the truck or sit midway at a trailer and force us to brake. Atleast twice while in a C-train combo, I've written a car off because he's only made it as far as the middle trailer. No way I was driving off the road and risking crashing $500k of equipment, because some idiot wants to be infront.

Melbourne I recon was bad for speeding drivers and Sydney for tailgating. Each state seems to breed different drivers.

Welly, I don't think your driving will scare me... Although I've dinged quite a few cars (rolled one at Barbagallo about 10 years ago and wrote one off at Ravenswood back in the day... snapped axle, hello wall)

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
FusionX; Melbourne I recon was bad for speeding drivers and Sydney for tailgating. Each state seems to breed different drivers. Welly said:
exactly my point..every place has its share of bad drivers.. personally i think perth is bad for cars getting off the freeway.. some seem to leave it until the last minute to want to cut lanes in order to make the exit .. but like i say other states have similar problems also.. and even more so do other countries as you stated.. i see all to often where inexperienced drivers are driving in unfamilier areas and just being cautious trying to find there way around.. 2 of my daughter are now road users .. both are good drivers but are not to good at finding thier way around, and all to often they come home with stories of dick heads giving them a hard time .. cutting them up.. tailgating..and just being generally dangerous behind the wheel .. just because they were going a little slower than the car behind in order not to miss a turn or something,
as you see i drive a ssv v8 and all to often i get idiots come hooning up behind me in there rice burners or thier v6 ,s with 6 " exhaust pipes that gives them another 200bhp ( in there minds) and they want to try and goad me into some kind of stupidity behind the wheel.
generally i just sit back and let them get on with it .. but just sometimes i give them a short lesson in road manners .. which normally consists of them tailgating me for a while and being a dick ..then just when they go for the pass i just put my foot down and keep them on the outside.. that soon puts the wind up them and they generally back off or turn off.. but i only do that on speciall occasions :whistling
i didnt mean to say my driving was scary.. just wanted to put a point across that i dont doodle arse about generally ;)

FusionX

Reaction score
Ah got you now.

I also think cause WA's population has grown a fair bit over the last couple of years, most people aren't used to more traffic on the roads and more congestion, which means travel will be a bit slower, frustrating drivers. I've noticed doing deliveries around the city that travel times in the last couple of years have been getting longer. But I won't get started on the state of WA's infrastructure and how poorly it's done to handle the amount of people we have.