Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So the VF is this what the front and back look like ?

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
not too bad at all. stick an LT1 in it GM.

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
i had the same thoughts to be honest but apparently it doesnt look to much like the malibu at all( then again the shots abouve are still " a artists impressions" . as i have been informed from inside holden ( XD) and also the nascars i dont think really give us a idea of how they will look . time will tell but im sick of waiting considering it will be available march-april

PaulRM

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Renault Scenic....don't ask....
does anyone think that the engine will change or is it purely cosmetics? im about 6 weeks of buying a new car and ill be pissed if i buy a VE SII with the 270/530 from the 6L and they kick it up a notch in the VF

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
does anyone think that the engine will change or is it purely cosmetics? im about 6 weeks of buying a new car and ill be pissed if i buy a VE SII with the 270/530 from the 6L and they kick it up a notch in the VF

I know that feeling...

Ordered a car end of October and its been delayed to end of January at the earliest....sucks balls.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

PaulRM

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Renault Scenic....don't ask....
i guess i may just have to wait a little bit longer, if the engine remains the same ill take the VE, i like the styling, especially the s2, and theres the surety that the niggles and interior electronics are all but sorted (minus the random issues people are having with IQ) damn you holden and lack of information release!!!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This whole Malibu business has me intrigued. Commodore sales are down severly because Aussies don't want large sedans as much these days. Small and medium sedans and SUV's are the go and the Sportswagon is probably what is keeping Commodore going until the VF. The overall VE design is way past its use-by date and now looks quite dated. We all know that this is because of external factors such as the GFC and GM's money problems, and that the VE was originally intended to only go for six years before a totally new design was introduced. Now, after more than six years, we are getting the first major face lift and the basic shell is intended to run until well past 2015, perhaps as late as 2018. I doubt that it will get anywhere near that before it is put out to pasture. Exports to the States will help, but not for too long as the yanks know this shell is already an old design and they will expect something better after a short time. The fact that the basic design has already been seen over there five years ago as a Pontiac won't help.

So, once the VF and the Malibu are both on our market, what will happen? If the Commie looks too much like a Malibu, it will hurt the sales of both cars. Both wil have to carry common GM styling traits such as basic grilles, lights etc. They are not too different in size, so how will buyers react? The average Noddy doesn't know or care that one is RWD and the other is FWD, so any advantages each has over the other won't be obvious to most buyers. The Malibu won't have a wagon I suspect, so that's one for the Commodore. Buyers these days are more interested in four cylinders than sixes and only sports-minded buyers want V8's, but I'm stuffed if I can see which way this will go. I wanted the VF to look better than the VE, but I don't think it does. The grile sucks. The design lacks imagination and flair. It's boring.

And from the pics I've seen, I think the Malibu is the better looking car, but design is very much a personal thing and no doubt, plenty here will disagree with me.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
This whole Malibu business has me intrigued. Commodore sales are down severly because Aussies don't want large sedans as much these days. Small and medium sedans and SUV's are the go and the Sportswagon is probably what is keeping Commodore going until the VF. The overall VE design is way past its use-by date and now looks quite dated. We all know that this is because of external factors such as the GFC and GM's money problems, and that the VE was originally intended to only go for six years before a totally new design was introduced. Now, after more than six years, we are getting the first major face lift and the basic shell is intended to run until well past 2015, perhaps as late as 2018. I doubt that it will get anywhere near that before it is put out to pasture. Exports to the States will help, but not for too long as the yanks know this shell is already an old design and they will expect something better after a short time. The fact that the basic design has already been seen over there five years ago as a Pontiac won't help.

Most of the indicators is the VF although being only a facelift in the sheet metal side of things, is a quantum leap forward when it comes to interior and infotainment tech. The SIDI motors will continue to evolve over it's life and the new generation of V8's with direct injection will be phased in over the next year or so. I am of the opinion the SS being sold by Chevrolet is *super* important to the fortunes of the Commodore as we know it. If the SS hit's it's numbers then you will find the large RWD sedan has a future, although not being built in Aus. It will move to NA somewhere (my guess is Oshawa in Canada to replace the zeta Camaro when it changes to Alpha platform).

So, once the VF and the Malibu are both on our market, what will happen? If the Commie looks too much like a Malibu, it will hurt the sales of both cars.

Malibu to become the fleet special and Commodore to be more up market sports/luxury sedan. It is sustainable importing 2 - 3000 a month or so and being moved (more) away from the fleet buyers, profits will be strong. The Malibu will be aimed towards a very different market and whilst there will be some cross over, it'd be minimal. IMO Toyota have more of a problem with the Camry/Arion stupidity.

Reaper