Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social welfare

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My JSA provider, whose purpose is supposed to be to line me up with work, clearly couldn't give a flying #### about me.............

......... I'm on Stream 1

This is why. JSA's are a business, don't forget that important part. The blame doesn't lie on the JSA's shoulder, but Government who wrote this contract where no payments are made for Stream 1's less than 52 weeks unemployed. Angry? Go see your Minister, but don't call the JSA's useless for simply following their contract.

You admit you come from a regional area with limited positions, therefore the JSA Marketers would have issues also finding you suitable employment at any Stream level if the area only caters mainly for backpackers. Frustrating all round I know, but I have seen it first hand, dedicated Consultants and Marketers attempting to find work for their clients who want to work. Lots goes on behind the scenes the clients don't see. People think they sit around and don't care. I have seen Consultants crack under the strain of frustration trying to help people get back on track.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
How is that fair if a married woman's husband leaves her? She could have 2 under the age of 5 and pregnant, close to delivery. Hubby sods off with his Secretary and leaves her with no income.

Under your draconian rules how does she feed, clothe and house herself and children?

Seriously, all good to have this ideas but you need to consider the various situations people end up in through no fault of their own.

Let me know your real name so that I do not ever vote for you. Under your reign crime would go through the roof as desperate people do what they have to so they can feed themselves and their families.

Yes this happens, and in FAIR system there would be help in a situation like this.

In my 4 little rules I made a GENERALISATION. Of course there would be cases where people that this happens to would need support. I would be happy to give support for those who are REALLY in need.
These are not the people that are the issue.

I even said the same in post #103 In my previous post I could of spent a day typing out many different exclusions and allowances for many different situations and for many people that do need extended help.
But it was far easier to express my general opinion.

I didn't think that I would have the write a several hundred page set of guide lines on a car forum to explain the full ins and outs of what I would propose in full.
But if you would like me to do so I am quite happy to do it, as long as some one pays for my time LOL.

You also need to look at the crap job the system does about cases like this where the father of children walk away from the family and does not continue to support the children that he is responsible for.
Fix this area and the amount of support needed to be supplied from the government would drop considerably.

Lets just say at the beginning of 2013 they did pass an act to say from the 01/01/2013 that they would abolish the single mothers payments for any more than 1 child.
Not giving extenuating circumstances, like the example that you gave and others of course. Just generalising here.

How would this affect the crime rate?

People have been warned well in advance that there will be no more support, so one would think that if there is no support a lot of people may choose their actions with a little more thought process.

If your actions have no consequences, then you will never change your actions.

In the example you gave, these are not the career stay at home bludgers.
If you had read all my posts you would clearly see that it is the ones that sit back and mooch of the rest of the workers, that I have an issue with.

It does not matter what gets implemented, it is always going to upset some one.

Whats with the constant "wont some one think of the crime".
With the current system of punishment that we have, we already have a massive crime rate happening.
If we had a system that actually punished criminals for crimes committed then the crime rate may actually start to drop.
But when you can take an another's life and be out of jail in under 5 years (if you get a good mouth piece) then there is already a system in place where there is no real great deterrent for people not commit crimes.
Criminals now have more mod cons in jail than some struggling families have at home.
Is that fair? Is it fair that after you commit a crime that you have FOXTEL, DVD players, PLASMA TV's and access to computers and the Internet. Hell you can even do a Degree whilst in prison.
Yet families on struggle street are flat out having the resources to provide a good education for their kids.

Last edited:

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
SO go and get one.

If someone wanted to give me a job, I would, and could start tommorrow. (as I always say in interviews) However it doesn't always work like that for everyone. Not everyone lives in fairytale land where everything always goes your way and you get everything you could ever want without trying. Some of us actually have to live in the real world, where bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people, and life isn't as easy as its made out to be. When even a lot of **** kicker jobs require experience, or will only hire people under 25, it makes it hard.

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
Pretty much dont have a clue what your talking about either. Its people with your attitude that makes it so fricken hard to find a job after you have been labeled a depressed case. There is depression that never is never reported to centerlink because they end up in a coffin first. Then there is us lucky few who have woken up to the support around us to and taken the hard steps to do sumthing about it.
In my first year back at work ive paid more tax than i was ever supplied in 18 months of dole payments.

And to minux there is a time in your life when you think your invincible and insurance on your income is never thought about . Or known to one before you relise yes that would have been a great idea, but by that stage your not thinking about what ifs, coulda been etc . Your thinking about moving on and getting your life back on track.

I have a VERY VERY VERY good idea of what I am talking about. Depression, you want to talk about it send me a PM and I will give you my contact details and I will talk to you about depression and doing it hard. You are not the only one that has gone through hard times. It's the steps you take whilst going through these hard times that make the difference.
People like you are usually not the burden, you were willing to get off you bum, take the steps required to get out there and get a job and sort your life out.
I do not have an issue with people like yourself.

I WILL DO THIS BIT IN CAPS AND BOLD SO HOPEFULLY PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS. IT IS THE CAREER BLUDGERS THAT ARE A DRAIN ON SOCIETY, NOT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PUTTING 100% INTO LOOKING FOR WORK OR RE-EDUCATING THEMSELVES TO MAKE THEM SELVES EMPLOYABLE. IT IS THE ONES THAT ARE TAKING ALL THE HAND OUTS AVAILABLE AND GIVING NOTHING BACK IN RETURN.
HOPEFULLY MOST PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I'm currently on the dole. Not something I'm pleased to admit...but I am. Up until May last year I was employed as a computer tech at a small family run business. Was going great up until January/February when my boss pretty much did a complete 180 degree personality flip and started being abusive. Come May I got sick of dragging myself to work every day, dreading the fact that I was being treated like a Foxconn factory slave in China for slightly better pay, being told about how I don't belong in IT, and how I don't know anything about computers, etc (keep in mind, the customers, people who PAY for my work, and have to live with it, constantly told me about how happy they were with me), and more or less told him to go get ####ed. I come from a regional area which isn't that great for work apart from fruit picking/packing (which is mostly backpackers). Since May I've been on the Dole...and basically, it sucks. My JSA provider, whose purpose is supposed to be to line me up with work, clearly couldn't give a flying #### about me, and haven't even lined me up with one interview. The interviews I've had, I've gotten off my own bat. My previous job I got all by myself, without any help from my JSA. Can't get a job pushing trolleys, or working at a fast food joint, because of course I'm too old (27) or overqualified. And there's a staggering amount of "Level 1", or "Entry Level" helpdesk jobs that require 1+ years experience. Most IT jobs are in the capital cities, and usually they only want to hire locals. As such I have recently made the move to Sydney. Next week I'm starting a TAFE course in Business Admin, and will be taking my CCNA exam in the near future, which should help me somewhat.

I feel for you man, you sound like you don't exactly like being unemployed. You may have been better off finding another job when you were still employed rather than quitting with nothing to move on to. Its a bit hard now walking into an interview with the last 9 months of your work history blank.

I don't agree with your thoughts on IT jobs only wanting to hire locals though. I've got a brother in IT (started off as a part time tech at a high school) and he's worked all over Australia and his colleagues wherever he goes are from different parts of Australia and the world. If IT jobs only hired locals then why are half of them Indian???

I reckon if you're willing to move around you'll find work no worries even if it means moving to a capital city. Don't know about the rest of Aus but there is heaps of work around Melbourne. Everyone I know who wants a job has a job and many people have a second job or small business on the side

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
In regards to IT employers only wanting to hire locals, what I meant is that they usually won't take a look at you unless you're living in the city where the job is being offered. I was in the Bundaberg area, and applied for jobs all over Australia. I said in my cover letter that I can easily relocate to where the job is being offered, but it wasn't really I secured an address in Sydney, and started using that on applications that I started to get phone calls, as nobody will even look at someone who lives in some hick town in the middle of nowhere up in Queensland when there's plenty of suitable candidates in the big smoke. :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
And to minux there is a time in your life when you think your invincible and insurance on your income is never thought about . Or known to one before you relise yes that would have been a great idea, but by that stage your not thinking about what ifs, coulda been etc . Your thinking about moving on and getting your life back on track.

Hmm, never crossed my mind to not insure myself against any issue I may have. Before I make any major decisions I always ask myself what could happen in 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years etc etc. People may think it a boring way to live but I have everything I ever wanted in life and know that because of my boring(smart) life choices that when we have children (god forbid) I can give them ANYTHING they may ever need or want. On top of this I will be able to retire around 17 years before many others.

People need to think forward instead of impulse buying and blowing cash on crap, think of the future. Less fun now means a bloody easy life when you are older.

I guess I am lucky I had great parents who taught me very well on how to be wise with money and life, something not everyone gets.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
If someone wanted to give me a job, I would, and could start tommorrow.

There are plenty of jobs that need filling now. There's a sign on the coffee shop I go to every day saying assistants are needed with immediate start.

Seems to me like you don't want to do some work for whatever reason. I'm an IT Manager but that hasn't stopped me during periods of unemployment from doing ANYTHING to keep an income coming in. I was a general cleaner in a factory. Dirtiest job I've ever done, hot, smelly and definitely no easy. But it kept money coming in. I have stood at a servo console from midnight until 8am. Boring as batshit but it kept the money coming in. I dug holes for a fencer. Hell I've even driven a milk truck 3 nights a week doing residential milk deliveries! If you're willing to work, then believe me you will never be out of work!

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
I WILL DO THIS BIT IN CAPS AND BOLD SO HOPEFULLY PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS. IT IS THE CAREER BLUDGERS THAT ARE A DRAIN ON SOCIETY, NOT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PUTTING 100% INTO LOOKING FOR WORK OR RE-EDUCATING THEMSELVES TO MAKE THEM SELVES EMPLOYABLE. IT IS THE ONES THAT ARE TAKING ALL THE HAND OUTS AVAILABLE AND GIVING NOTHING BACK IN RETURN.
HOPEFULLY MOST PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS.

I was so glad to read this!
it shows although we may not agree on some things, you are looking at this situation broadly. more than I can say about a couple of others.
again, we are all different!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Call To Lift Dole

Just read this in the age.

Extract that annoyed me:

She said there was a widespread view in the party that the dole was inadequate and 2012 was the time to act on it. The allowance is significantly less than the pension - $689.00 for singles and $1038.80 for couples - and a fraction of the average wage of $2665.20 a fortnight.

So ####ing what if the dole is less than the average wage. How dare they compare free handouts to someones hard earned cash!