Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Society

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Just watching an article on Today Tonight (now this isn't another TT thread or anything) but Wtf is society coming to. They had an article about some woman who bought a house backing onto a golf driving range, saying it isn't safe that golf balls are coming into her yard, potentially harming children etc. Now while I agree, it's potentially damaging - Yes, why the hell would you buy the house.

Same goes to residents that live opposite Luna Park, in the same article apparently a bunch of residents had the 'big dipper' closed as it was too loud, epa got involved and agreed. Again, if you buy a house/apartment there, stfu and live with it.

This also backs up the Sandown racecourse issue around Easternats, residents complained about the noise of the cars at Easternats, subsequently had Easternats contract ripped up so-to-speak

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
same as people who buy near an airport thats been there for years then lobby to have it shut down because of the noise.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Absolutely, its the minority getting thier way, its horse ****. They should have a nice cup of contrete, and wash that down with a can of shut the **** up.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
We have the same issue down here. Residents in a development want a waste site relocated because it is too close to houses. The waste site has been there for 20 years, it's non toxic and the people who built/bought knew it was there. Now they are crying because it has devalued their property.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Likewise people who buy next to the airport, then whinge about the noise the planes make.

I've lived near the RAAF base for 25 years and its never caused an issue for me. So a plane flies over every now and then....

Maybe golf ball lady needs a pair (of golf balls) to harden up abit......

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Come to think about it, I am going to lobby the council to move the road out the front, it's bloody annoying with all those cars driving past all the time.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Come to think about it, I am going to lobby the council to move the road out the front, it's bloody annoying with all those cars driving past all the time.

What about all the tree's lining the road? surely the birds chirping would be annoying....:whistling

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I actually like birds....but I might see if they can do something about the sun though, it can get pretty hot. Maybe turn it down a bit during summer....

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
It's too bright outside. Dim the freakin sun!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Much like motox tracks. I grew up with Breakwater mx club as my home track. For 10 years I raced there. Not long ago it was shut down due to noise complaints.

It really is a joke.