Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solved(I think!)ABS & Stability control error comes on while driving

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks nitro, and fodder, I'm screen shotting your replies and next time it happens I'll address it. It's happened twice in a year so I will see how it goes for a little longer.

Quick question, if a tune has been locked by a tuner who is no longer in business can Holden still update?

vn nut

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5.0
Happenned to me was the battery
On my l98

ThatsGuy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Update - since I've started driving the car more than once a week I haven't had the error. I'm thinking it only occurs when it's driven very infrequently and the battery gets low. Been 5 months without it happening now.

The Eagle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
ESP fault has been showing up for a couple of months now on 2009 VE Commodore. In conjunction with this error I recently noticed the brake light was coming on intermittently which was probably why the cruise control was also disengaging. On top of all this there was also significant dead spots on acceleration.

Changed the brake light switch on the brake pedal and this has fixed everything (Cost me $80 for a new one but I was getting fed up). Would assume the onboard computer was getting confused thinking the brakes were on.

WRX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Update 2 - so the error has started again, the rear wheels were in the flood water so I'm buying 2 rear sensors (googling seems to think this is the most common reason why now, maybe it's just as per build up more knowledge, I'm not sure. The battery is new though lol (well, a year old I guess).

Interestingly I never found a battery air vent, but I did find a little hose that seemed to go out the bottom of the passenger side near the battery, but it seems to plug into the rear under tray? With the other end leading out underneath the seat - unless this was somehow part of it ‍♂

Oops maybe this wasn't my thread oh well there's some more info here