Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SOLVED] VT CV driveshafts

Sandst4rm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais Ecotec - VP Ute 3800
Anyone know where to buy new driveshafts?
One has been leaking badly for a while and i have the whole back end out right now so thought might as well replace them.

Would really prefer to get them somewhere other than ebay for delivery time reasons and reliability.
Would also prefer them brand new as in not from wreckers.

Just want standard ones not looking for high KW application shafts.
Anyone know where i could get them or nah?

UPDATE: Got a new one off-the-shelf at burson auto parts after the leaky one fell out of the diff at the train station - somehow unscrewed all the bolts itself in the diff and grease was everywhere

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Should be able to get them or order them from most parts shops, I know Pedders also have a range of them. Will probably be a minimum of $300-$400.

You can also just replace the boots and regrease the ones you have already, from what I've heard it's not supposed to be particularly hard.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Giving them a refresh / rebuild isn't that hard and pretty cheap if they aren't worn or making any noises.

Simply you pry the end cap off (it's just pressed on), remove a circlip and that will let the cv slide off the axle.
Remove the boot and give the axle and cv a good clean. Refit new boot, re grease the cv and refit. I used a tiny bit of silastic to make sure the end cap was sealed.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
its pretty simple to re-place the boots and re grease replacement boot kits you can get cheaply enough just a bit messy, if not try calling driveshaft shops they should have reco ones avaliable

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I grabbed a pair of heavy duty from Machter for $360. Can't recall the brand but they were plenty thicker than stock and so far have done a great job with the 500hp and 800nm they cop regularly

Sandst4rm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Calais Ecotec - VP Ute 3800
Thanks for advice lads, leaky side is beyond rebuild I reckon, probably could rebuild the good one though.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Buy a replacement set which will give you time to rebuild you're original set if you see fit