Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Someone crashed into my VE SV6!

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
Already done. I have it in writing that only new OEM parts will be used for repair. I also have it in writing that visual checks will be made by the insurers engineer at various stages of repairs. The insurer is RAA Insurance.

I took it to a very reputable crash repairer that many have recommended. Even the RAA had nothing but praise for the repairer and as mentioned i met the owner who showed me around the workshop and explained in detail the steps that will be taken to repair my car. He also said that RAA is the most stringent and tough insurance company to deal with, it's got to be all done properly or they simply do not get paid.

I had my VX in a panel shop for two months getting the drivers side doors, roof and boot fixed after a road rage incident some time ago. The guy went absolutely mental! It goes without saying that the repairs took forever but when I queried the delay the owner himself, he asked me to come past after hours and showed me around the workshop and what had been done as well as what is yet to be done. He even went a bit further and took a few other dents out that weren't related to the insurance claim.

I went home feeling much better knowing that my car was in good capable hands and that the repairs weren't being rushed for a quick buck. When I got the car back I was as happy as a pig in **** I tell ya and a very good job done on his part.

It sounds like to me they will do a good job for you on the car but as said if it leaves you feeling uneasy about things just get rid of it after a few months. No harm done in that.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Sorry to hear about this - I am glad that we are insured with RAA with our new wagon

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
man...that's gotta cheez ya off...but like you said at least the family are safe !!
A real shame they didn't right the ve off...would have been a better option for sure.
Damn insurance companies....
Hope the repairs come up a1 for you.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
It's great that you and your children are fine and I hope the car repair works out well for you. At least cars can be easily replaced.

I must say that I am a big fan of fitting tow bars for additional rear protection having experienced some lower speed rear enders where the tow bar did a good job. If you were hit at 60 km per hour approx then I would speculate from what you have said that the tow bar may well have contributed very significantly to a lessening of damage to the rear section of the vehicle. It may well have prevented the boot folding up towards the rear cabin of the car where your children were.

Good luck.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Well i thought i would reply back with an update.

After 7 weeks i received my car back but rejected it as the colour match on the rear bar was way, way out so it was resprayed again even though they painted the rear panels and the bumper at the same time originally. After the bumper was resprayed for the 2nd time it looks the goods and matches as good as it was when new (never perfect on any Commodore) and needed to take it back again for a few other minor paint issues. That said the crash repairer has been more then accomodating and has been willing to fix these minor issues promptly (and gave me a new loan car for free - twice!) so apart from the paint protection which is to be redone late October (Insurance covering this too) the car is as good as new and according to another crash repairer who's just down the road from me he couldn't even tell it was involved in an accident, even when looking underneath and in the boot. All sheet metal and plastics were replaced with new OEM product which was pleasing.

The good part is that the door jams all line up perfectly and when measured we couldn't find any descrepency at all, nor with the boot fitment. The car had four lots of inspections done (crash repairer, wheel aligner, RAA Engineer and Holden Dealer) and all were satisfied the car was as good as new, if not better. The best part is that the car actually feels better to drive then what it did when i bought it new. Go figure!

So it's been a while since the accident but the results are pleasing.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Good work on the crash repairer :)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah...good result.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good to hear that result. Sounds like every holden off the production line should get inspected by 4 people before it passes.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Good to hear that result. Sounds like every holden off the production line should get inspected by 4 people before it passes.

You mean quality control? Now there's a novel idea! Could certainly save people some headaches... Now where did I put that panadol?