Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Soo... i had an accident today (updated with progress pictures)

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
doesnt matter... cos as soon as my car is fixed/replaced, and mums is fixed we are calling them up and canceling my car, mums car, the boat, house and contents and going to someone else. NRMA aint worth jack, all they do is screw you around, take their time and treat you like a criminal

Back in 2002 NRMA literally did treat me like a criminal. I think I mentioned somewhere else that my previous VS was stolen one night out the front of the house. It was recovered by police the next afternoon with the stereo and dash pulled apart. NRMA had a seven week investigation done on me before they even considered repairing it. In their words, something didn't seem right about the theft and looked like i did it myself. Geez, if I did it myself I wouldn't have let it be found in a residential street and I wouldn't have left it in a repairable state. It was insured for $5000 more than what it was worth. They even got a independant investigator to interview me with a tape recorder one sunday afternoon. Before the interview he apologised and said it was bulls%!t but he had to do it. It would have cost them more to do the investigation than just the repair. I got them back good. They forgot to get me to pay the excess. I got a receipt saying excess 'NIL'. Three months later they had a debt collection agency onto me. I argued that I have a receipt saying Nil excess. With the threat of court action I gave them $50 and never heard from them again. Just my rant on insurance and NRMA.

Dagger

L.W.G
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 + Suzuki DR 600 R/T
hopefully have it back in 3 weeks. i found out the other day that its going to be repaired :(
Firstly,lucky for you your not dead or on life support.
Bummer they classed it as a RRO the feeling of driving the same car with external patch up's would get to me on occasions.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Ouch

Wow. That is not pretty. And i just got a ute like that except white and manual. Also just a quick q. Are you a plasterer by any chance?

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
Back in 2002 NRMA literally did treat me like a criminal. I think I mentioned somewhere else that my previous VS was stolen one night out the front of the house. It was recovered by police the next afternoon with the stereo and dash pulled apart. NRMA had a seven week investigation done on me before they even considered repairing it. In their words, something didn't seem right about the theft and looked like i did it myself. Geez, if I did it myself I wouldn't have let it be found in a residential street and I wouldn't have left it in a repairable state. It was insured for $5000 more than what it was worth. They even got a independant investigator to interview me with a tape recorder one sunday afternoon. Before the interview he apologised and said it was bulls%!t but he had to do it. It would have cost them more to do the investigation than just the repair. I got them back good. They forgot to get me to pay the excess. I got a receipt saying excess 'NIL'. Three months later they had a debt collection agency onto me. I argued that I have a receipt saying Nil excess. With the threat of court action I gave them $50 and never heard from them again. Just my rant on insurance and NRMA.

if you think thats bad, my brother's evo 7 was stolen a few months back, a 40 or so thousand dollar car, No bull**** from, less than a month and all paid out...

out of curiosity, how was your VS stolen, no immoboliser or something???

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
yep, i am a plasterer :)

lol. I am aswell. I saw some SS front guards for i think around 500 per guard. Why don't you just buy the guard flutes and repeaters etc. from ebay for around $120

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
thats what i might do. my uncle (who is repairing the car) said that the gaurds on my ute need a bit of work so what he can do is buy new SS garuds, deduct the cost of the work on the original gaurds from the purchace price3 and then buy the standard gaurds off me and then i pay the rest.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
Cool. And one more question. Did your ute come with the spoiler lights or did you put them in yourself? If so how did u wire them up to the head light switch?
Thanks mate

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
f1tzy: sheet, set or cornice? or all/combination?

i bought the lights and put them in myself and had an auto elec wire them up for me. i bought em off ebay for around 120 bucks. i think holden sell them for nearly twice the price.

after speaking to my uncle today i found out ive definatly been ordered a calais front bumper/lights/grill. im pretty happy about that. im still tossing up between normal front gaurds and SS ones. i reckon ill go down the SS route though, should cost me around 600 bucks all up (cos he cant scam it on insurance). when i get the car back i might get a calais bonnet strip put on and get some white walls on the tyres.

i also found out exactly how tight NRMA can be. they knocked back a 95 cent O-ring. 14,000 bucks worth of damage and they wont pay for 95 cents. im not sure exactly what the O ring is for but he said it did need to be replaced. so just to be a turd he is gunna take a photo of the broken one and send it to them just to get them to pay it :p