Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound/Rims or.. OTHER?

SOUND/RIMS/OTHER?

• UNCHA UNCHA SOUND!! :)

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • 18"s BABY! :yeah:

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • Other...?

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • SAVE!!! :whistling

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Wheres the performance option? :D

After that I'd go stereo, then wheels.

Thats the order I did it in.

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
go new rims you said you need new tyres anyway so why not get rims and tyres the sound system can wait :thumbsup:

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
too many stories of sound gear stolen!!!! defenetly rims :)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
too many stories of sound gear stolen!!!! defenetly rims :)

Yeah the sound system was the first thing I did... Before I got an alarm. Had the car broken into and they had the subs half unscrewed but they took off (must have been disturbed). Poured EVERYTHING out of the glovebox and centre console etc. had my sports steering wheel off and left it on the backseat and my $400 sunnies on the drivers seat. In the end all they took was a box of condoms out the glovebox :)

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
Yeah the sound system was the first thing I did... Before I got an alarm. Had the car broken into and they had the subs half unscrewed but they took off (must have been disturbed). Poured EVERYTHING out of the glovebox and centre console etc. had my sports steering wheel off and left it on the backseat and my $400 sunnies on the drivers seat. In the end all they took was a box of condoms out the glovebox :)

i actually read about that in your post a while ago!

atleast your stuff was alright! i don't leave my car for long in public places but i do leave it outside school in the backstreets for usually 6 hours a day, that's when i'd be most worried. i live opposite a police station and court house, but still, people steal... its right below my window when i park it so i'm not overly worried during the night, but still... crap happens!

i think rims might be good first, because i know i can get lock nuts!! hard ones to get off :thumbsup:

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Get rims first, my 2 cents.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i actually read about that in your post a while ago!

atleast your stuff was alright! i don't leave my car for long in public places but i do leave it outside school in the backstreets for usually 6 hours a day, that's when i'd be most worried. i live opposite a police station and court house, but still, people steal... its right below my window when i park it so i'm not overly worried during the night, but still... crap happens!

i think rims might be good first, because i know i can get lock nuts!! hard ones to get off :thumbsup:

On the topic of Lock nuts, there is a brand called Gorilla Guard. They are a great locknut, they have an outer cover which just spins around, and the inner cover is accessible only with the lock nut key, so you cant get em off with a socket or anything.

Most standard lock nuts (Speedy etc.) can be taken off with a 22mm or 23mm socket which has been grinded back to fit inside the wheel hole... Hammer it on and take the lock nuts off :)

The gorilla guard ones are $100 though, but its cheap insurance!

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
i picked the 18s out of the 3 that you have shown id go the VZ ss wheels but keep loking there are heaps of styles out there

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Speaking of insurance,that's what you should be considering before you even think about pouring that much money into the car.From memory,you don't have any insurance.Secure some good comprehensive insurance,then insure your wheels.If you fit your wheels,and the car is stolen,well your well and truly up **** creek are'nt you?.
P.S.And yes,without a paddle.