Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sparesbox still ok?

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Delivery from China has improved a lot. Order something on AliExpress and it usually arrives within a week or 2. I usually pay for delivery rather than opting for "free".
Australian logistics are still hopeless. No one gives a shyte

EricSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Sedan Man
Delivery from China has improved a lot. Order something on AliExpress and it usually arrives within a week or 2. I usually pay for delivery rather than opting for "free".
Australian logistics are still hopeless. No one gives a shyte
I just bought new calipers for $628 delivered from US. Best in Aus was around $2000

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
FedEx charges exorbitant rates to deliver to Australia. USA isn't an option for most things, despite any savings.
Depends on what it is. There isn’t an LS tax in America seeing as LS engines are everywhere so some stuff is heaps cheaper than here even after the freight cost.

I bought a harmonic balancer, new HB bolt and a set of rocker cover gaskets from RockAuto and it cost me less than just the balancer would have here including the delivery cost.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Sparesbox ordered 2 rotors and 1 set of pads. They are shipping 1 rotor :rolleyes:
Sparesbox advertise parts they can hopefully source, not parts they have in stock. They take your money, then try to source or buy in the parts you purchased and mess you around in the process.

I guess we could all advertise a new set of HSV Rapier wheels, take someone's 5k, then try to find a set on eBay or Gumtree to supply the buyer!

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
It's the delivery drivers that don't give a shyte....

Those drivers I deal with aren't born in Australia either...
Toll used to be ok before they sold out to the Japanese. They were unionised and did their set quota of deliveries per day. Also the same person did your run every day so you could work with them.

Now it’s all fly by nighters who are temporary labor and under the pump so they don’t give a shite. I don’t blame them either.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
FedEx charges exorbitant rates to deliver to Australia. USA isn't an option for most things, despite any savings.
I have bought lots from Amazon US and postage was not crazy expensive. It was on par with local prices. As has been postage from the UK.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I have bought lots from Amazon US and postage was not crazy expensive. It was on par with local prices. As has been postage from the UK.
I've bought BMW parts from Latvia and Poland a few times, great service and much cheaper landed than buying from a local BMW dealer. Buying from the right places in the US and UK is good too.

There's a big race gear shop in Poland we've bought Bell and Arai car racing helmets and neck restraints from much cheaper than buying local and delivered in 10 days.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Toll used to be ok before they sold out to the Japanese. They were unionised and did their set quota of deliveries per day. Also the same person did your run every day so you could work with them.

Now it’s all fly by nighters who are temporary labor and under the pump so they don’t give a shite. I don’t blame them either.

The mob I deal with are contractors and just don't give a rats, are plain lazy and useless too boot....

Nothing to do with being under the pump either, when they sit on the premises or outside the premises for 10 minutes, checking out their phones....

I also get the same feedback from other stores that deal with the same twits.....

The uselessness and lazyiness is, can you help me unload 4 tyres...

Here, I'll walk to the tyres, grab one and throw it out....I'll walk back, grab the next one and throw it out.....These are passenger tyres, not 4X4 tyres too

Here are your tyres, sign for them, even though they are the wrong ones, or the amount is wrong.....

I have a fair tolerance for stench (dealing with amonia, which is that fix a flat crap) but that mob stink worse than that and I'm not allowed to say anything for fear of hurting their feelings

Last edited:

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
For shits and gigs awhile back, I wanted to see how far I could push Amazons international free shipping

Loaded a cart up with a 6L45 transmission torque converter, bell housing and transmission housing (So probably 50kg of metal)

Was still gonna get free Prime international shipping by air!