Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spark Plug Leads

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
What sort of spark plug leads are the best for a std vx acclaim?
My problem with the leads are that they don't always clip and lock on firm, now i haven't had a good look yet and was hoping one of you guys has had this problem before and without having a look i can only see 2 ways to fix it for good;

1.New Leads, original?, generic/aftermarket?

2.Modify Leads, by bending/tightening clip in the lead? although it appears by a quick glance they are held with springs so maybe a little bend in the spring to tighten them up.

Worst leads ever that cause that slight hesitant miss in the motor grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
Hear you loud and clear so no probs with genuine leads? Mine currently are identical to the original but not genuine and if this was a common problem i was hoping a aftermarket set where produced to stop this happening is it just me or are the leads a bit dikky as sometimes i think they are clipped in but there is just that one that gets me everytime

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
If the 'grip' is the only problem then just tightening them has got to be the first step cos it's free.

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
Yeah cheers mate just had a look then and closed the gap up,i must of opened it up a fraction when i yanked on the lead is running smooth again

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Certainly wouldn't hurt to replace the leads next time u service the car as they are probably old

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Leads only need to be replaced if their resistance gets too high, the insulation gets damaged or the ends corrode. Genuine leads are the best and if you shop around you can get them at a reasonable price. Since the VX the design has been revised so you will find genuine replacements are like the VY ones which have an angled fitting on the plug end.

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
The leads on it are bout a year old as i replaced all leads, plugs, filters and oils.I bought the plugs from bursons BOSCH brand name with the metal heat shields as i remember they have always been hard to feel them clip in from brand new.They are fine when i clip them in properly but everytime i pop the leads of i always seem to have one that didn;t clip in properly and finds it's way loose as the miss fire is so faint i can barely notice it.
What brand names are on offer for the ecotec and what brand name are the original set?

1994vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Executive
champion leads seem to work well on commodores. but if in doubt get genuine ones