Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Speeding.

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
Hey guys,
Last Friday I got done 26km/h (96 in a 70) over the speed limit in NSW.
Im not posting this to be flamed or abused, nor am i posting this bragging. I know i was in the wrong and i am dissapointed in myself and i accept im a wanker, idiot and anything else you throw at me.. I've heard it all from my parents.

Im just asking, whats the time im losing my license for? I've heard 3 months, 6 months, court..?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Not sure about NSW but I think in Victoria it's 3 months.

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
How many points you lose? 3? I got done 23 over and lost 6 (double demerits), although I have 12 points :D but yeah pretty sure first offense is 3 months. Good luck dude.
And props to you admitting that you are entirely at fault, and a wanker etc. Theres no point bitching about it or blaming it on someone else. :beer chug:

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
i got 6 points cos it was Christmas time an 6 month. came in the mail with a start date for the suspension, also that was 43 over.. not as bad as you think.. was in 20kmh zone,. wont go into details

Last edited:

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Hey guys,
Last Friday I got done 26km/h (96 in a 70) over the speed limit in NSW.
Im not posting this to be flamed or abused, nor am i posting this bragging. I know i was in the wrong and i am dissapointed in myself and i accept im a wanker, idiot and anything else you throw at me.. I've heard it all from my parents.

Im just asking, whats the time im losing my license for? I've heard 3 months, 6 months, court..?

Depends if you have a full licence or P's. 3 months would be most likely if that takes all your points, but if you still have full points you should probably be ok, just the fine and the loss of points!

Majestic 36

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VL
I thought you lost your license for doing 10kms over the speed limit, or is someone tell me fibs :banstick:

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
How many points you lose? 3?
4 Points.

And props to you admitting that you are entirely at fault, and a wanker etc. Theres no point bitching about it or blaming it on someone else. :beer chug:

My fault, so yeah no point on blaming anyone else. Everyone makes mistakes its just about learning from them.. and i definately am learning mine

Depends if you have a full licence or P's.!

P1.. Red P Plates.. Im hoping its not 6 months

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
I thought you lost your license for doing 10kms over the speed limit, or is someone tell me fibs :banstick:

I think someone is telling you fibs mate, I think you loose your license after 30klm over and I think in some states over 45klm they take your car.