Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedo Corrector Installation - Dakota SGI-100BT (Marks) vs Jaycar Digitech

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Just posting this for information after running into a few issues and working them out. There are a lot of older threads about speedo correctors and where to wire them, but not many I could find on the current Jaycar offering or Dakota unit sold here in Australia by Marks 4WD.

Credit to noisey90 for his post on wiring one of these Dakota units in posted in February. This post just adds some context and detail which might be helpful for someone out there.

First things first, the current offering from Jaycar, the Digitech AA-0376 corrector wouldn’t work at all for me. I tried replacing the unit (which Jaycar were happy to do) innumerable set-up configurations, but it simply would not calibrate. I even tried wiring in my own step-up/step-down resistors to no avail. Save yourself the time and give it a miss. I suspect it’s because it can’t process the sine wave coming from the speed sensor on my Getrag, unlike the square pulse hall effect sensors on T5’s.

The Dakota SBI-100BT sold by Marks 4WD works.

My drive is a VS Getrag 5 speed Ute. As others have suggested I intercepted the violet/white cable between the ECU and dash by cutting the cables above the passenger footwell kick panel.

I extended the speedo cable input/output across to the driver side through the dash so I could mount the corrector unit close to the fuse panel.

As noisey90 posted earlier this year, wiring in is power to the POWER terminal, GROUND to earth, speedo input to INPUT and speedo output to the dash, OUT2.

I used a fuse jumper plugged into Fuse 10 as shown below for the power source. The corrector unit zip ties neatly to the a/c vent too.

Download the app they give a link to, turn the ignition on and work through the corrections to get the ratio you need. Works a treat.

Hope this helps.

CD654C33-27FA-4B3F-997C-04F3E1678207.jpeg

Attachments

• DF49276B-3565-43E5-B2D6-FB94B519ECFA.jpeg
    DF49276B-3565-43E5-B2D6-FB94B519ECFA.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Lex

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I've tried messing with the ratio's in the tune for road speed (engine) and road speed (transmission) but there is clearly something funky going on there as it's definitely not linear.
And the speedo needle on the dash is unaffected by the ECU settings.
Next time I get around to it I am going to change the ECU setting for speedo drive teeth count from the correct 4l60e 40teeth to an incorrect 41 or 42 to hopefully trick the ECU into reading road speed more accurately given the diff ratio change.
Then I would not need a 'corrector box' as my dash is close enough.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
Can you confirm you piggybacked on the output from the transmission speedo sender..?
Thanks
I intercepted the white/violet wire running between the ECU and dash cluster, not between the transmission and ECU. I don’t think it would make a difference on a manual like mine, it was just easier to access the wire running to the dash.

I’m running a 3.73 diff ratio and entered a correction factor of 0.825 in the speedo corrector. It’s accurate to the GPS across the range.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
On brother's vs & other cars we always got speedo wire to dash after ecu tapped in....would not touch jaycar corrector but only ever had vdo corrector box.

Decades ago h ad a delco guru try to fix speedo through ecu said it it was just way too much bs...he did fix up shift changes to suit 3.7 gears although I've read it supposedly all accounted for tune calculations rpm etc *shrugs*

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
On brother's vs & other cars we always got speedo wire to dash after ecu tapped in....would not touch jaycar corrector but only ever had vdo corrector box.

Decades ago h ad a delco guru try to fix speedo through ecu said it it was just way too much bs...he did fix up shift changes to suit 3.7 gears although I've read it supposedly all accounted for tune calculations rpm etc *shrugs*
All the shift functions are based off of road speed not rpm. Which I think is stupid. But it is what it is.

LS1VG

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VG S pack ute
Just posting this for information after running into a few issues and working them out. There are a lot of older threads about speedo correctors and where to wire them, but not many I could find on the current Jaycar offering or Dakota unit sold here in Australia by Marks 4WD.

Credit to noisey90 for his post on wiring one of these Dakota units in posted in February. This post just adds some context and detail which might be helpful for someone out there.

First things first, the current offering from Jaycar, the Digitech AA-0376 corrector wouldn’t work at all for me. I tried replacing the unit (which Jaycar were happy to do) innumerable set-up configurations, but it simply would not calibrate. I even tried wiring in my own step-up/step-down resistors to no avail. Save yourself the time and give it a miss. I suspect it’s because it can’t process the sine wave coming from the speed sensor on my Getrag, unlike the square pulse hall effect sensors on T5’s.

The Dakota SBI-100BT sold by Marks 4WD works.

My drive is a VS Getrag 5 speed Ute. As others have suggested I intercepted the violet/white cable between the ECU and dash by cutting the cables above the passenger footwell kick panel.

I extended the speedo cable input/output across to the driver side through the dash so I could mount the corrector unit close to the fuse panel.

As noisey90 posted earlier this year, wiring in is power to the POWER terminal, GROUND to earth, speedo input to INPUT and speedo output to the dash, OUT2.

I used a fuse jumper plugged into Fuse 10 as shown below for the power source. The corrector unit zip ties neatly to the a/c vent too.

Download the app they give a link to, turn the ignition on and work through the corrections to get the ratio you need. Works a treat.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 240985
Hi, could you please post a screenshot of your setting from the app?
Does the output need to be set to low or high?
What preset frequency did you use. I am using a different transmission but it will be a good starting point for me. Currently have mine wired to output 1 so I suspect that is 90% of my issue.
Any help will be appreciated

LS1VG

Reaction score
Members Ride
LS1 VG S pack ute
Got it sorted.
For anyone in the future pulling there hair out these are my settings for my 4l80 in a VN.
Wired it to output 3
Sensor to speed input and speed-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240202-120348.png
    Screenshot_20240202-120348.png
    352.9 KB · Views: 29