Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedo Gears

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
We need more information that 17" rims. The reason why is it depends what tyres you put on the rims we need to know the size (17") width and profile of the tyre, we also need to know the model of the car, and what gearbox and diff combination your running. Also what colour/how many tooth gear your currently running would help as well.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Ohk, well i havnt got em on yet coz i havnt finished payin for them, but i pretty sure they are 235/40ZR17 toyo, i have a GU4 diff and a M40 trans. Im not too sure what gear i currently have.
NB if someone can give me a formula for working out some of these things, i can make a calculator.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
one last question I forgot to ask what size rimes try combo are you currently running?

If your running something like a 15/205/60 with the new rubber your speedo would be reading 1.1% faster than your actual speed and would not require changing.

cheers
Scott

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
i think there 175's not sure bout aspect ratio, my car isnt with me at the moment and i think there 14's

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
fitykemp said:
Hey, does anyone know where you can buy the speedo gears from?

cheers
I got a light blue 25 tooth one direct from a Holden dealer once, when put to the crunch they can still get them.