Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Spotted !!!! 427

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
:beer chug:just wanted to share with you blokes that i saw a 427 which is pretty rare sight i guess my god do they look hot in real life i tried to take a picture with my phone but couldnt really get a good one without being blurry and also just recently copped a fine for using phone while driving so was **** scared lol
has anyone else spotted one this guys number plates where
____VA.427____ this was on western ring rd melbourne

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
:beer chug:just wanted to share with you blokes that i saw a 427 which is pretty rare sight i guess my god do they look hot in real life i tried to take a picture with my phone but couldnt really get a good one without being blurry and also just recently copped a fine for using phone while driving so was **** scared lol
has anyone else spotted one this guys number plates where
____VA.427____ this was on western ring rd melbourne

I can get my friend to take a pic for you if you want. It's mine. I just let him drive it.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
ive never seen one in the flesh :p what colour was it? i seen pics of a green one :| lol

Green%20W427%20003.jpg

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
I saw a black one on the M1 at the Gold Coast start of this year. I think the guy got weirded out that i was perving on his car so he started driving a bit faster but i wasn't go to let him get away, then i turned to do shoulder check, heard this sweet ass roar and when i looked back i saw him way up in the distance and i new i had no cance catching back up..... so i cried...hahaha :cry:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
There is one that lives around Glen Iris here in Vic. Two streets from my mates house. They are fugly looking cars. I saw it once and was sorely dissapointed. Looks like a Senator from the rear with a different badge, and one of those god awful aborted looking series 2 VE HSV's from the front. The power in stock form is pretty good, but for the cash you pay for one, you may as well buy an SS and spend $50,000 and you could probably get MORE power than one of these produces. I guess they are priced that way for the future "rarity" factor.

Personally, i think it's silly spending that kind of cash on something so ugly just because there was only a few made. Each to their own though i guess.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
See one almost every day when i arrive at a customers.

Can't say they impress me much, rather ugly imho.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
There is one that lives around Glen Iris here in Vic. Two streets from my mates house. They are fugly looking cars. I saw it once and was sorely dissapointed. Looks like a Senator from the rear with a different badge, and one of those god awful aborted looking series 2 VE HSV's from the front. The power in stock form is pretty good, but for the cash you pay for one, you may as well buy an SS and spend $50,000 and you could probably get MORE power than one of these produces. I guess they are priced that way for the future "rarity" factor.

Personally, i think it's silly spending that kind of cash on something so ugly just because there was only a few made. Each to their own though i guess.

W427's are just a farkin rip off for a low tech hunk of ****.

There is one on carsales - $168,250 drive away:

2008 HSV W427 E Series MY09 Cars For Sale in WA - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

If you appreciate quality and engineering, you can get a 2009 Merc C63 W204 AMG second hand for $160,000 drive away:

2009 MERCEDES C63 AMG W204 Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

Or you can get a 2008 Merc CLS63 AMG for $167,000 drive away:

2008 MERCEDES CLS63 AMG C219 MY08 Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au - carsales.com.au

You can also get a V8 BMW M3 for similar money.

If I was considering spending that sort of cash on a car, a shithouse Holden would be at the very bottom of my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.