Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Springs and ride quality

ncielens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
I am considering a set of springs to help lower my SV6 (get that back end down a bit), I don't won't to stiffen the ride though. I put a set of Whiteline springs in my old WRX and I just about rattled my teeth out. The springs in the SV6 aren't too stiff, just a little high.
Can someone recommend a set of springs that will drop the height but maintain the same level of firmness? Or am I just asking too much. Previous threads talk about ride height but don't really compare to factory springs. BTW I don't want the cars rear end dragging on the ground.

Donnie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Black SV8
It might be best to get your original springs 'reset' or compressed. I had it done on my very old alfa 90 abd it wasnt that bad a ride. It was just ok. You 'CAN' tell that you have done something to the suspension, but i think its not that bad...plus...you will eventually get used to it!

peace

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
i got lovells in mine and its stiffer but you wont need to go to the dentist to get a set of dentures.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i have lovells super lows in mine and its stiffer then ron jeremy. ive learnt to not drive in certin lanes on certin roads as some of the pot holes dont agree with my car

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah agreed. I have Lovells Extra Superlows (equivalent of ultralows) in the front and they are rough as guts.