Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Squeaking noise from wheels.

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
ey guys, iv got a really annoying squeaking noise coming from one or more of my wheels on my stato, not sure which one. it happens as soon as i start driving, goes faster the faster i go. it goes away whenever i put my foot on the brake, even if i only put it on very slightly. its really annoying me cos it gets pretty ear piercing somtimes. i hvn't investigated it yet but could it be caused by a build up of brake dust? or from the pads being pushed to hard onto the disc when driving? im not sure.
anyone had anythin similar?

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i'd put my money on wheel bearings

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
yeah i had the same,

i took of the offending hub-cap and all was good

if your car has hub-caps take of the hub-cap prob find it's buggered if it's that

otherwise, go to a servo, turn the wheel oposote lock, so you can see the calipers, grap the air hose, put on some ear muff's and safety glasses, and give the brakes a quick sqirt with air, see hwo that goes

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you can't use compressed air you can use the garden hose (if thats still legal in your neighbourhood). You could also jack the car up and remove the calipers and lightly sand the pads....but air or water are simpler and quicker.

sim_vs

can't work out avatars :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 Statesman
cheers fellas, ill give em a good spray down tommorw. see how it goes. hopefully its not bearings.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
dont forget NOT to spray the brakes after they've been used for more than a minutes worth of driving, replacing rotors is a bitch

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Agree with above... had same prob on my old VS. I replaced the pads (they were due) and all was good. Should be an easy fix.