Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Air Bag Fault VY

my03equipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY EQUIPE
I have an 03 VY Equipe SRS fault comes up after start up. Had it checked and 2 old codes came up for the passenger SRS, but apparently no real issue. Codes were cleared used car 3 times after within an hour fault re appears.

Anyone got any clues? :idea:

ERDEM_CIMBOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute series II 2003
my vy had an srs issue aswell, i was told that it was from my seatbelt tensioner so i went bought a new one twice for the right side then after i got it changed i was told that that seemed not to be the problem then my auto elect said it was my cables so he resoldered a new wiring harness then that also didnt clear the fault so finally i got another auto elect to do a few diognostics on the actual airbag module and it seemed that my module was gone so i bought a new airbag module and the fault got cleared. keep in mind that if the fault is from the module the machine they hook it up to doesnt tell you that that is the fault. good luck

my03equipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY EQUIPE
my vy had an srs issue aswell, i was told that it was from my seatbelt tensioner so i went bought a new one twice for the right side then after i got it changed i was told that that seemed not to be the problem then my auto elect said it was my cables so he resoldered a new wiring harness then that also didnt clear the fault so finally i got another auto elect to do a few diognostics on the actual airbag module and it seemed that my module was gone so i bought a new airbag module and the fault got cleared. keep in mind that if the fault is from the module the machine they hook it up to doesnt tell you that that is the fault. good luck

Cheers for that, I'll get it checked.

specter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S 6cyl auto Ute
I know this is a bit out of date, but it may help someone. My VY - which had to go over the pits to be relicensed - the SRS light would light up. OK - plug machine in - LHS pretensioner fauly. Reset SRS light. Start up - light out - good. Hit bump in road - light on. Grrrrrr....... Pulled apart connection between seat harness and vehicle harness - must of got wet sometime because there was corrosion. Cleaned up contacts with fine wet&dry and electrical cleaner. Put it all together, reset SRS light with the magic machine and have not had any problems since ( it first failed over six months ago ).

So, if anyone is having the pretensioner trigger the SRS light, first try cleaning up the connection before buying another pretensioner !

Garywrx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore SV6
DO you know that where to find VY SRS module ???????????????????????????????????????

Do you know that where to find VY SRS module .thnks

Jugoslovak

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY Series II Exec
I know this is a bit out of date, but it may help someone. My VY - which had to go over the pits to be relicensed - the SRS light would light up. OK - plug machine in - LHS pretensioner fauly. Reset SRS light. Start up - light out - good. Hit bump in road - light on. Grrrrrr....... Pulled apart connection between seat harness and vehicle harness - must of got wet sometime because there was corrosion. Cleaned up contacts with fine wet&dry and electrical cleaner. Put it all together, reset SRS light with the magic machine and have not had any problems since ( it first failed over six months ago ).

So, if anyone is having the pretensioner trigger the SRS light, first try cleaning up the connection before buying another pretensioner !

I have the same dramas! How can it be reset and how much does it cost?

GenReaper

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.AusHeli.com
Members Ride
VY SS Series II Wagon
Do you know that where to find VY SRS module .thnks

Its under the centre console at the back, you will need torq hex sockets to undo it.

They are about $260 to buy a new module.

jarrydmcdonald

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ute
Vy ute srs airbag fault

Hey guys, ive just pulled out my drivers seat and disconnected the two wires as i was fixing up the side of the seat, i put it back in re connected the wires etc all the same way that i disconnected them from now when i turn on my ignition it comes up on the cluster holden system check then beeps and informs me that there is an srs airbag fault but there was nothing wrong with it before.. is there anyway to reset it etc?

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Hey guys, ive just pulled out my drivers seat and disconnected the two wires as i was fixing up the side of the seat, i put it back in re connected the wires etc all the same way that i disconnected them from now when i turn on my ignition it comes up on the cluster holden system check then beeps and informs me that there is an srs airbag fault but there was nothing wrong with it before.. is there anyway to reset it etc?

unfortunately it's a tech 2 job......

When you take seats out and disconnect the airbag you need to

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY AND WAIT 20 MINS SO THAT THE AIRBAG CAPACITOR DRAINS

or it will throw a code.