Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

peteyb12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V UTE
im definately keen to go for my best option and if xforce isnt it then i wont do it. the only reason mention xforce is because i know i can drive down the road and get one put on in under an hour lol.

i might look on youtube for some KPM systems, have you heard a 3" system? i think i will go stainless steel

the hightech mufflers sounds great :) how could i get one up to brissy though?

they will freight it up i got my exhaust bloke in port macquarie to ring them and they said will send it to him. so just find someone and give them the details.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yea mate thats the one! sounds awesome im saving for it :)

Thanks mate. They sound sensational. I'm just a little suss about the flow of a 2.5inch. At this stage I only have relatively minor mods planned which would be fine with a 2.5 - but who knows in the future - don't really want to do it twice! Does sound good though - really good!

peteyb12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V UTE
Thanks mate. They sound sensational. I'm just a little suss about the flow of a 2.5inch. At this stage I only have relatively minor mods planned which would be fine with a 2.5 - but who knows in the future - don't really want to do it twice! Does sound good though - really good!

yea i asked about that but have been told by couple of people that the 2.5 is good for up to 500-600hp. but yea each to their own.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yea i asked about that but have been told by couple of people that the 2.5 is good for up to 500-600hp. but yea each to their own.

Yeah, I realise they're rated quite high. Thing is, a member on here has around 320rwkw and felt that his 2.5inch was choking it. Last I heard, he was going to switch to a three inch hurricane system with some bigger headers. Not sure if that's happened yet or not. The restriction may have been coming from the 1 5/8inch headers though. Hard to tell.

I think figures like that are a bit of a pipedream for me, at least for the foreseeable future - so it's not weighing on my decision too greatly.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
HA - tell me about it! See what comes back in an email reply from HiTech. Never hurts to ask

yea i had loads of issues with my SV6 so i want me warranty lol

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yea i had loads of issues with my SV6 so i want me warranty lol

Had a few problems with this one myself - bought it new in August 08 but in the last 6 months, it feels like it's spent more time at the dealers than with me! Tossing up now putting off mods until after the warranty expires, which I'm not really keen on, as I have a habit of not keeping my cars more than 5 years - the warranty has been good to me so far - see how this next assessment goes - waiting for a conformation date.