Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS exaust on a V6 exec

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
Hi there i want to upgrade my exaust on my S2 V6 exec from the stock 2.25 inch system to a 2.5 inch system.
I can get hold of an almost new (2 months old) 2.5 inch exaust from an 02 HSV Monaro for arround $100NZ.
It is a complete exaust apart from the cats.
I want to upgrade so that i have a better flowing exaust and for the more throaty sound that the motor will make. :yeah:
Would this bolt onto my 04 V6 exec? is it worth it?
Thanks.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Not sure if it will bolt on or not, though if your after sound, the 2 1/2" sports exaust is well worth it, you'll get a bit more top end as well, someone else might know if it will bolt on or not i wouldnt have a clue, i got sports exaust brand new with chrome tip, for $280 suppled and installed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Hey there Kiwi,

Do you have a single cat or double cats under there?

Regardless of that question I'm pretty sure it will not bolt on and some cutting and welding will be required but I could be wrong.

Windsurfing.....

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Win't bolt straight on...

You will have to have it modified abit...

No point in getting a SS exhaust on a stock ecotec... there would be no extra gains for it compared to say a 2.5 single.

Good Luck with it though

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
Hey there Kiwi,

Do you have a single cat or double cats under there?

Regardless of that question I'm pretty sure it will not bolt on and some cutting and welding will be required but I could be wrong.

Windsurfing.....

Hey there

over here we have double Cats one on either side right after the extractors if thats what you mean.

thanks for all the advice. looks like i will have to get a custom job done then.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
twin...

Raptor has a HSV system on his VY, Picked up something like 2kw before charger went on....
I have Custom Twin 2.5" bolted to Pacemakers, I did it at the same time as rockers so as for gains, Yeh a lot, but unsure wheather it was mainly from rockers or not...