Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss/hsv bits on a base model.. am i a hypocrite?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
For me personally, you cross the line with badges. Never badge something to make it look like something its not.

Yep I'm in complete agreeance with that statement, fine put the kit and all the bells and whistles on it, BUT please don't badge it as a HSV or SS when it's not :bang: respect for you goes right out the window.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Ohhh dear, I forgot about this thread. I just think that whatever someone wants to do with their car is their business. I agree with Vn2nV's comment bout crossing the line with badges, but hey, if someone wants to do it, who are we to stop them?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
...BUT please don't badge it as a HSV or SS when it's not :bang: respect for you goes right out the window.

This is true...

Street cred ==> down the drain!

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've got genuine VP clubsport grille and guard flares on the SS and would like to get a clubby rear spoiler(but prolly do without altogether), and have to admit, I was going to put the H@SV-8 badges on the front guards but have since decided against it and going for the V8 HIGH PERFORMANCE(V8 H@SV Stato?) just coz I'll never claim it to be anymore than an SS, I just prefer the clubby grille and the guard flutes-, just as I put xu1 stickers on the guards and rear spoiler of my old GTR(OK-the previous owner put the rear spoiler on and put an auto in 4 wifey aswell which I sorted with a 3k stally:D and I was only 20. The other 2door LJ had a gen m21 not the crappy m20 so auto was fine 4 the time being), but upon rebuild, removed the stickers and rear bobtail and purchased the origy GTR badges to put back on the car. Peole would always say,"Gr8 looking XU1" and I'd be the 1st to say,"Nah man, it's just a GTR..."
Whatever floats your boat-Just do it tastefully and don't claim it to be something it ain't. Simple...:)

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Ohhh dear, I forgot about this thread. I just think that whatever someone wants to do with their car is their business. I agree with Vn2nV's comment bout crossing the line with badges, but hey, if someone wants to do it, who are we to stop them?

We are not trying to stop anyone, why would we it's impossible...
Just pointing out most fakes stand out like dog's balls and you end up looking like a Tool.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
We are not trying to stop anyone, why would we it's impossible...
Just pointing out most fakes stand out like dog's balls and you end up looking like a Tool.

I didn't actually mean that anyone was trying to stop people doing it, it was just a figure of speech.

And you're right, most fakes do stand out. And i think that if you're going to even attempt a mock up, do it properly, but don't badge it. No matter what extremes you go to, to make it a mock of whatever model, it's still going to be an exec, or whatever at the end of the day. Badges, or no badges.

kasem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ex cop car
"tools that drive around in V6's or Other models that put SS badges on their cars."
lol, there is one at the tint shop near my work....
even the tint guys said " whata dick "