Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss or xr6 turbo

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Hoz it depends what you want from the car, for street driving the factory sport setup handles fine. I wouldn't say it's limited to Fords, you can find just as many powerful other makes with standard suspension.
As for 110km/h, it's the joy of getting to that speed, lol.

Reap I would agree also.

At the end of the day I think the best bet for the OP is to take both cars for a drive and make up his OWN mind. Car preference is a very subjective thing, we all look for different things in a car, and I think this thread is just making it more confusing, lol.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Ford Turbo = VL Turbo, It might be cheap and easy to get power out of. But everyone that brags about it deserves to be shot.

Hey I love my VLT :( Don't shoot me

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Know what, Overall. If I had to choose, FORD VS. HOLDEN now days.

I would be 100% Ford, Running gear, Interior, Features, Quality, Look. (But they don't last, Like every new car. They all have their weak points)

However, Something I would not like about owning a FORD is the attitude portrayed by FORD owners.

I browse various FORD forums every now and then when I find a build I like. And you always have people pointing out, 300-400rwkw figures and they are all thumb up their own ass cocky bastards!...

Good for you, It goes fast in a straight line and you have a big number, Congrats you can do 110km/h in some areas.

BUT CAN YOU TURN A BLOODY CORNER OR DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT THAT PART OF YOUR BUILD.

You have to remember, If it's cheap and easy it's not always the best option...

---

For those of you that found that too long to read, To put it shortly.

Ford Turbo = VL Turbo, It might be cheap and easy to get power out of. But everyone that brags about it deserves to be shot.

I must admit, if i was ever looking for a new car (it won't be anytime soon though) and it had to be a 6 cylinder, i'd have to give an XR6 turbo some serious consideration, given that the new Holden V6 is such a piece of junk (coming from a through and through GM man here).

Having said that if i was looking for a new car it'd be a V8 anyway, so i'd still buy a Holden because the Ford V8 is a piece of junk too.

So for me, 6 cylinder car = Ford, V8 car = Holden.

Hey I love my VLT :( Don't shoot me

I'm sorry, but since when did a VL owners opinion count for anything? :p

Potts12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SV8
well i have owned a xr6t and a vy ss and id have to say i liked the falcon better i liked that looks of the holden better but it was the ford for me felt better to drive i guess plus when it came to modding i spend around 5 grand on both holden full exhaust and mafless tune got around 258rwkw and falcon spend around the same and got 397rwkw

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
383: current ford V8 is a boosted setup, how can you not like that:p

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
383: current ford V8 is a boosted setup, how can you not like that:p

Yeh, sorry, i was more referring to the boat anchor Boss. I forgot Ford have bought out a new V8. I'd still buy a Holden if i was looking for a new car though.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I'm pretty sure these latest posts have just put the most logical points out there in the thread.

Pretty sure this is settled

Well done guys! haha

:beer chug:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I'd say FG if all you want is bang for buck and straight line speed. But honestly the VE still has the driving dynamics over the FG and i still feel it's a more comfortable drivers car on or over the limit. And #### spending $10,000 on the turbo, just stick a little cash under it because its basically a stock HSV killer anyway. Not much stock will touch it.

I remember getting off a freeway not long ago and a warmed up VX SS ute tried to do a cheeky move right lane then cut in front of me to turn left. He hit it and i nudged it. And once he knew it was a turbo he backed off and went behind. That's respect for the turbo.