Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Range when low fuel light appears.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Curiosity question guys, what sort of range could someone expect in a SS driven in a normal manner after the low fuel light engages.

Not looking to run mine down that far but would be interesting to know roughly if it ever does happen one day.

Cheers all.

Ayden450

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
Haha reminds me of that seinfeld episode...

Nikk_90

TINBUM
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
60ish km's. it gives you another warning after low fuel 'very low fuel' which usually is a good indictaion you really should be heading towards a servo. but you can get about 10 km's out of that i think.

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
I just tested this in my sv6 the other night.

Ran it down to low fuel, then very low fuel. Gauge was on empty. Engineering mode said 0L. Filled my car up but could only fit in 68.4L :p so there was still enough to get me around for future reference

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
Doesn't get you very far. Once first light comes on there isn't much time between that and the very low light

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i got in the car after the missus once with the very low fuel light on i got to the end of the street F****!!!!

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
mine comes on at around 75km left. i just check my range and 99% of the time it pops up at 75km range. hope this helps.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
My "Low Fuel" comes on contantly with about 10lt left in the tank which gives me another 75-100km. Funny thing is when I fill up it takes 70-73lt but I have never had the "Very Low Fuel" displayed. I don't like walking so never pushed it to find out if it works or not................