Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS-V seats

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
So this has been bugging me since I bought the car, about 11 months ago (I know should have waited for a VF). The passenger seat's leather has come away from the clips near the head rest, the drivers seat is fine, does anyone know how to fix this because it makes the leather look like its out of shape and yea I don't like it.

Passengers seat:
WP_20130211_001_zps522c0fd7.jpg

Drivers seat:
WP_20130211_002_zps9504ebcd.jpg

Oh Leather why do you have be so hard to look after :(

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I'd be taking it back to the dealer & claiming it under warranty because it most certainly isn't right.

For reference, I haven't found the leather used in the SS-V's to be very good. They tend to get quite firm even without prolonged exposure to UV & I've even had some of the surface finish come off in the higher wear areas - Something that I would only expect to see after many many years of use.

If you really want to look after your leather, I'd suggest using something like lysol which is a leather conditioner (Can also be used on lounges etc) once a month. It is a fairly inexpensive product & can be purchased from leather places such as Birdsall Leather & Crafts (In Botany NSW).

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
looks like its collapsed on the inside.
warranty or upholsterer for sure.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
I generally do the drivers seat each fornight and then the rest of them once a month with some Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, but the head rests were down when I bought the car and the factory warranty has expired before I noticed, I was just hoping that there was someway to fix it simply :/

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Any one reckon I could try the good old the car has 50km on it only 4 years old Holden, come one you build better cars then this.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Worth a try, but I would suggest they'll try & say it was caused by you.

To be honest, in all my years of having leather interiors in cars of all different brands, I've never seen anything like that happen.

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
I understand that leather goes yuk after a while if you don't look after it, but I look after it and its clearly not wear thing, I might pop up to my local dealer and see what the story is ... I aint paying for this ... yet lol

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
To be honest, looks like you been shaggen like sob in it, so prop to you ;)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
off topic - it's a little pointless trying to condition VE leather. It's a pressed 'ply' of leather, rather than hide (actually, a fair amount of the seat upholstery is vinyl) - and has a urethane clear over the top. So all a conditioner is going to do is sit on top of the clear and collect dust and grit that can actually wear away the layer of clear, which is what protects modern leather from UV. The most important thing is to keep them clean with a non-residual cleaner. Oils aren't really necessary. If you want to help preserve the clear, there are leather sealants available from a few sources, Car Care Products being one of them. Conditioners and oily cleaners are not strictly suitable for this leather.

On topic - that's crap build quality. Ask the question at the dealership for a warranty claim - unsure how much luck you'll have. The fabric seats do the same thing.