Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSM11K - II 2008 VE Senator Signature. 6.2L 6speed Auto.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Damn! I see now..
Brilliant work. So jelly.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Love the silver and love the Senator !! Nice choice :) get those windows tinted asap !!

SilverVH

Banned
Reaction score
How much did you pick it up for?

The LS3's are a nice bit of gear but you need to drop it asap...it looks like a 4wd! :p

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Looks very damn nice man,
I thought i was a happy lad going from a vy to a ve stato but i think you win :)

Im thinking bout a grange in a couple of years, once you get the long wheel base you think the normal sedan is tiny :p

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Hot as hell . I looked for a black one of these before going the r8. As for your front bumper you will learn how not to scrape it the sit very low even stock

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
looking ssm11k man :p

Hahahaa, I see what you did there! :p

Cheers man :)

Haha makes sense.

Yeah soon as i get a tune on this I'll be saving for sure.. If I've had my car for just over a year, and spent 14k on it, I should be able to save for sure..

Only problem is i want a grange or statesman but in Manual :(

Haha. Aw, you're not supposed to add up how much you spend on cars over the months. That way its easier to keep spending the cash on them! "ohh, may as well its only a few hundred..." lol.

And yeah, if you work hard and don't be silly with your money it doesn't take long to pile up. But, you don't want to "miss out" on too much, a healthy balance of spend/save is the way to go.

Same with the Senators, I always had the idea of next car will be a manual - for sure, then I started looking at Senators, and threw that idea out the window... :rofl2:

Damn! I see now..
Brilliant work. So jelly.

Ha-haaa! Yeahah, that's what I think, everytime I think of the VY :( I look in the driveway and I'm like this again! :D lol.

Cheers Wombles.

Love the silver and love the Senator !! Nice choice :) get those windows tinted asap !!

Same Johnsy, I pretty much picked this colour the first time I saw one - just suits it so well. Had almost decided right from the start to stay away from black - Where I work its dusty as, so the upkeep on a black car would be a nightmare...

Windows are an ASAP thing as far as I'm concerned! Cheers for the kind words mate.

How much did you pick it up for?

The LS3's are a nice bit of gear but you need to drop it asap...it looks like a 4wd! :p

Price, was probably too much? lol. Ticket price on the window was $55,990, but Holden was/is having a "huge sale" ? Clearing $14mil of stock, so they "slashed" the price to $48,990.
Ended up paying $42,000 + the VY

Loving the LS3, although I would imagine it is easy to "want more" eventually. Time will tell :p

I want to suss out the MRC, magnetic suspension in these things - apparently it can adversely affect the handling if you go too low, or don't use the correct spring rates?? Not too sure about all that though.
It sticks like **** to a blanket so I don't want to loose that..

But, I want the back to come down a bit, fronts already a pain scraping everywhere!

Looks very damn nice man,
I thought i was a happy lad going from a vy to a ve stato but i think you win :)

Im thinking bout a grange in a couple of years, once you get the long wheel base you think the normal sedan is tiny :p

Thanks mate.
No doubt I'm feeling the same feeling as you did/do. Its so nice to update, been putting it off for a while now, and finally bit the bullet.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for a Black Caprice. I think they look pretty sweet slammed black on black. :D

I wouldn't mind the longer wheel base actually - or more so the rear passengers - if there's ever any! LOL. I'm not a small fella and I'm sure they'd like a little more leg room :rofl:

Hot as hell . I looked for a black one of these before going the r8. As for your front bumper you will learn how not to scrape it the sit very low even stock

#### yeah! :D Cheers! I was even willing to fly down to Melbourne or up to Brisbane for one, give it a bit of a road trip back home!

Slowly getting used to the height of it. No more poking the nose over gutters, got some 10mm plate to go over the spastic "curvy gutters" they insisted on using around here, so that just leaves work, and its an ever changing environment so I'll have to tackle that one day at a time...

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
Good to see your only Mod will be tinting, too many people do stupid things like lowering that catch coppers eyes, you may want to get a front spoiler lip protector for them curbs. Not a big fan of silver or red cars, my dream car is the Series 2 HSV GTS in the same colour as my SSV, Hazard Yellow but gotta wait another 3 years.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Good to see your only Mod will be tinting, too many people do stupid things like lowering that catch coppers eyes, you may want to get a front spoiler lip protector for them curbs. Not a big fan of silver or red cars, my dream car is the Series 2 HSV GTS in the same colour as my SSV, Hazard Yellow but gotta wait another 3 years.

I think a Hazard Yellow GTS stands out a lot more than a slightly lowered car lol.... Also added a link to my exhaust if you want to listen.

Last edited:

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600

Check out my car you can hear it a mile away and it's been lowered 75mm. ( never been hassled )

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4

LOL, So far only mod will be tinting, but as it turns out I don't think I'll be able to help myself. I like the sounds of the front lip protector though, might have to look into that some more - haven't heard of it until you mentioned it.

Not being a **** ####, but the only colour I don't like on cars IS Yellow... :rofl2: Although Hazzard yellow is probably the best of the bunch. Coming in close second would probably be Red. But there are always exceptions to the colour rules. The best ever Yellow I have ever seen on a car was on an old Gemini - aftermarket colour. Bright as ####, not a warm butter'ish Yellow like Hazzard but intensely bright.

Either way, any colour, these are really nice machines.

I think a Hazard Yellow GTS stands out a lot more than a slightly lowered car lol.... Also added a link to my exhaust if you want to listen.

Lol, yeah, I tend to agree, being a subtle colour and lowered an inch in the rear (IF I do it, that is) won't attract as much attention as a bright yellow car. :rofl2:

Cheers for the link Johnsy, and the pics as well. Think I might need to get in contact with Phreddy again! White dials all the way.

Check out my car you can hear it a mile away and it's been lowered 75mm. ( never been hassled )

Yeah drove past a few cops today, even with black windows, they didn't even turn their heads. I think as long as I don't drive like a ######## I should blend in with the rest of the crowd.

Oh, and I'll check out your car as well! lol, its nice to see what the possibilities are!

Black windows are black. :D

PC310897.jpg

PC310904.jpg

PC310902.jpg