Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SSSL Kings with standard shocks

famwag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX wagon
Evening all.

Having some issues with my wife's VE.

Have had SSSL in for about a year and have destroyed the top mount bushes.

Is this because of the bush, do they need to be a better quality or are short travel shocks needed here.

Thanks in advance

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
when you actually remove your shockies and put the shortened ones in, you will realize you have been driving around with ruined shockies for half that time.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Factory strut top bushes are rubbish at the best of times, even with stock suspension. That being said, decent shocks are also what you need, running springs as low as yours certainly wouldn't be doing factory shocks any favors.

famwag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX wagon
when you actually remove your shockies and put the shortened ones in, you will realize you have been driving around with ruined shockies for half that time.
OTE=Troy711;2815817]Factory strut top bushes are rubbish at the best of times, even with stock suspension. That being said, decent shocks are also what you need, running springs as low as yours certainly wouldn't be doing factory shocks any favors.[/QUOTE]

I was given a cheap set of new standard height shockers when i put the sssl in.
So going new short travel shockers, might as well go new top mount as well.while I've got it all apart.
Budget isn't going to allow for top name brands, so what would people recommend with minimal $$$

Cheers for the replies.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Personally keep the factory rubber bushes and change out,

fitted superpro ones to mine and the ride became very average, changed back to originals much better

famwag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX wagon

fitted superpro ones to mine and the ride became very average, changed back to originals much better

Thanks mate.
I personally like to use genuine stuff unless they are completely rubbish.
I think genuine top mount bushes with a affordable short travel shock. It's the wife's car, she's not lead foot, just need it to work.

SMIDDY1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr 5 speed

I used the super pro polyelast strut tops. They are suppose to ride like standard rubber ones but are as durable and handle like the polyurethane ones or some crap like that, but i didn't notice a difference with them and standard ones.

famwag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX wagon
Well after a long time I finally got around to changing these shockers.
Got a set of the superpro bushes and a good price on a full set of Monroe GT Sports.
Car sits a little higher in the front now, but drives much better even the Mrs noticed a decent different.
One of the front ones was completely farked, the other and the rears weren't great.
Cheers for the replies.

Next is to set up the factory Bluetooth, only need a module I think.
Questions to come. Probably won't be for a while going by how long it took to do the shockers.